Wednesday, October 1, 2008

WHAT??

Did I hear right?  AOL is closing journals?  WHY?  I have a lot of stuff I wanted to save in this journal about when Nic did things etc... and my chicken journal too UGH!  Do we get to at least save our stuff?  I'm going to have to get hubby after this so I can copy all my stuff someplace.  OH CRAP!  I'm mad now.  I was at blogspot and then I moved here and really like it.  Guess I will have to move back to blogspot now.  I think I can figure out how to do pics there now.   Well, it's been almost a month since I posted anything...for one I have been really ill...double ear infection and I also have a sick chicken I have been tending to.  She was jumped on not once but twice from birds jumping down off the roost in the morning.  Poor thing!  Now I don't know if she has a broken neck or what.  She eats and I help her drink so hopefully she will make it.  Well, have supper on but if anyone knows if we can save our stuff please let me know.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOPE........... Journals will be shut down you will loose everything..........

you HAVE to move it to blogger.com or loose it

once you get moved over to blogger use WINDOWS LIVE WRITER with your blogger account it works so well!

~ Christopher ~

http://cmarlow480.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

You heard right.  Most of us have already made the switch.
www.missiesupsidedownworld.com
www.tagsbymissie.com

Anonymous said...

Yes IF you don't have that saved somewhere else you better get busy. Supposedly on the 7th AOL is suppose to announce instructions on how to do everything. I personally am just gonna erase everything and then delete my old journals before AOL goes that far.
I just started over at blogger http://almostparadise3.blogspot.com/
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to know you are okay, but so sad that you have been so sick....you poor thing, ear infections hurt so badly. Your poor chicken too....bless it's heart, I hope it heals fast. I'm glad you got the points....it makes me happy to send them to you :)

Yes, AOL is dumping us, and closing down all journals. They say they will transfer all public journals over....but we will see. I have too much to save somewhere, so it has to be in their hands, and no, I DO NOT TRUST THEM!

I hope you come over to blogspot, I need my Chickin Fix and I need to see Nic as he continues to grow....not to mention how much I would miss YOU!!!

Here is my new address:

http://lindapoohsthotfulspot.blogspot.com/

Come by for a visit soon.
Love & Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

I hope your ear and your  chicken gets well. Watch for updates only from Vish or Malika on magic smoke.  http://journals.aol.com/journalseditor/magicsmoke/
They give instructions on what to do. They are the journals editors. They have already posted some things but the trasfering of journals won't take place until after the 7th of oct. That is the day I have my back surgery so I may not get a chance to move things. here is my new blog address. I haven't learned about all of it yet. Helen
http://madcobug-myeverydaylife.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Well I called you did you ever get my message? We need to get together. Were you invited to Ray & Stephanie's wedding? I know Cindy was.

Anonymous said...

HI--
Can you believe it?  Pretty much "everyone" is over on blogger now so come join us quickly!  We miss you! :)

It sounds like starting Monday we will be able to "migrate" our journals over to blogger but I am not sure how it will work. Will probably work on trying to make a back up -- just in case! :)

Hope you feel better soon!  (And your chicken too)

Janis

Global Future said...

Nice blog.
Wow... Beautiful pictures.

Please visit:

http://holidayinparadise.blogspot.com

Keep blogging.
Good luck.