Wednesday, August 13, 2008

News on my older son&why did I get all wheepy in front of my dad?

I don't ever think I mentioned it or not but my older son who is 17 is leaving for school on Sept 2.   I think most of you already know that Stefan is deaf...well, he decided to give up wrestling (the only thing keeping him at his hearing school) and go to a school for the deaf.   He was going to go last year but he just wasn't ready yet.  He made the decision a few weeks ago and I'm proud of him.  I think it will be a good move for him.  He is so outgoing and does have a lot of friends at  his school but he is just tired of not being able to 'talk' to people without having to pull out a tablet and pen.  I don't blame him!  It would be frustrating.  He wants to just be able to talk to his friends...here he will be able to...everyone is deaf...everyone uses sign language, even the teachers!  It's going to be a good move.  He stays there his entire Sr. year and comes home on weekends.  He has a dorm room there for the week.  He can bring his truck...he's not sure yet if he will.   It's a very small town and they can walk anywhere they want within 15 min.  He will be about 3.5 hours away from us and it's going to be hard on me for a while I know that.  But I think it's a good move for him.  I hope he likes it there!  They will also get him into a job where he can make his own money :)  And they also have ACT/SAT prep courses there.   They kids are allowed to stay until they are 21 if they feel they want to.  They can take classes there that may transfer to the college of his choice. 
Our kids are thankfully covered under my hubby's ins until they are aged 25 so that's a relief to me!  That gives them a chance to finish up college and get a job where they can get their own Ins. 

NOW A BIG THANK YOU TO A VERY SPECIAL JLANDER! 

Well, yesterday my dad comes into the house with our mail...he always gets our mail for us...in that mail clutter laid a big box.  My dad says...ya got more chickens I think (He's used to Kelly sending me FREE eggs to hatch (another VERY special Jlanders here ;)!   I walked over to the box and it had Nic's name on it :)  I called Nic at grandmas and told him he had a box here!   I read the card and this is what it read:

"I'm sorry to hear you had to be in the hospital Nic.  Feel better real soon! 
Winnie the Pooh hugs, Linda (your moms friend) " 

LINDA,  Your such a sweet heart!  You made me get all choked up in front of my dad! LOL  What a grand present you sent Nic!  I took lots of pictures (he had the biggest smile) I will post here when I get them uploaded.   My dad says...wow someone sends you a gift and you don't even know them??  What do you say on that journal of yours he says?  LOL  
YOU with just losing your home took the time out to send this gift to my baby means SO much to me.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart!  I was telling Nic about YOUR baby Mandy and where she worked and that someday when we get back to Disney we would go meet her.  He got all excited. Now he talks about "his girlfriend Mandy" all the time who lives at Disney World!  Tell Mandy to watch out...her boyfriend will be looking for her when he gets to Disney!  :)  THANK YOU LINDA!   
I will keep your gift secret until I post pics later today (I HOPE TO POST PICS TODAY).

I just can't believe how wonderful you guys have been with sending your prayers, and well wishes, even gifts to someone you don't know personally :)  I am SO happy I chose here for my blogging. 

BTW, Linda,  I like that gift as much as Nic!  Hubby had to tell me to save some for NIC!  We had a great time with it! 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI :)  If it is the school I am thinking of I think he will like it. :)  It's in a beautiful little town in a great area! :)

Must be hard letting your boy go a year early though. At least you have weekends!

God Bless
Janis

Anonymous said...

I think Stefan made the right choice to attend the new school.  I wish we had more schools like that for different disabilities around the country. I can't wait to see what Linda sent to Nic.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Oh what a wonderful opportunity for Stefan! I know the adjustment may be hard, but in the long run....it will open up all kinds of new things for him in his life. I know you will miss him, trust me, I KNOW!!!! But just make yoiur weekends count and remember what a huge step this is for him. I can understand how proud you are!
I'm so glad Nic liked his gift, I wish I could have gotten it to him when he was in, but I know this made him happy too. Hey, I remember when Mandy was little and had to be hospitalized....it was not a great experience for her either. I just hoped to give him a little smile....and his Mama, too :) Glad he is feeling better.

Love You!
Linda

Anonymous said...

Awwwww that's so sweet :o)  And good news for Stefan too x

Jenny

Anonymous said...

AWW HOW SWEET!!!!!!

that even made me choke up reading it :(  :)

~ Christopher ~

Anonymous said...

AWW HOW SWEET!!!!!!

that even made me choke up reading it :(  :)

~ Christopher ~

http://cmarlow480.blogspot.com/

( sorry if I sent this twice my internet is acting up it dont look it it sent the first time so you can delete the one that has no blog link back to it )