Saturday, August 9, 2008

Nick is sick

This is Cory.

Nick is in the hospital.  He woke up about 4:15 this morning crying and yelling for mom and saying "Ow" over and over.  His head hurt really bad just above his spine.

We called 911 and he went to the local hospital in the Ambulance with Carrie.  I just got back from there.  From the CT Scan it looks like the neck isn't anything major but they found some bleeding or bruising on the brain in a small 7mm spot in the left-front area.

When I left they were sending him to Marshfield clinic where they can do an MRI because they don't have the right staff for pediatric MRI at the local hospital.  Carrie is riding in the ambulance down to Marshfield.  I came home to quick get some clothes and other stuff for her and him. 

I figured I better post this so everyone who we forgot to call knows what is going on.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thankyou so much Cory for posting this. I havent heard from Carrie in several days and was going to email her to make sure everything was okay. Guess it is not okay. I will say a prayer for Nick. Please come back and give us an update when you can. Tell Carrie if she wants to call me I will keep my cell phone in my pocket. I am going to email the phone number to you in case she doesnt have it. I am praying hard for that baby to be okay. Love y'all, Kelly

Anonymous said...

saying a prayer for nick....lots of love and hugs coming from the big old state of texas!  love you much guys!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

My prayers are going up for Nick.  Please keep us posted on how he's doing.  ~~Kath~~

Anonymous said...

Thank you Cory for posting this. I am sending up prayers for Nick and also for your family. May God be with all of you. Helen

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for your whole family!  Keep us informed!!!

Janis

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us know.... prayers are going up!!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

I haven't been keeping up with journals much lately (at all!), but when I saw this one that said Nick was sick, I had to jump on here!  Oh, Carrie!  I am so sorry!  Prayers for everyone, and thanks for getting on here to let us know!  
Love and hugs for the whole family,
Cassey

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear this.  I will be praying for Nick.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

hugs to all of you... sending good thoughts and prayers
d

Anonymous said...

oh I'm so sorry :(

will say a prayer for Nick and your family

betty

Anonymous said...

Carrie...I'm so sorry Nick is sick.  Will be praying  for him.  Update when you can.
Hugs,
Dana
http://journals.aol.com/heavenlybama/journey-to-success

Anonymous said...

Poor Nick!  He's in my prayers and so are all of you!  Keep us updated.
Missie

Anonymous said...

OMGosh I'm so sorry. Thank you for thinking to come on here and let us know. Prayers to Nick. I can only imagine how worried you both must be. God bless.
Take care and Hugs from Kentucky, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you all!  =-  Barbara

Anonymous said...

oh no poor Nick :(  Hugs to your family xxx

Jenny

Anonymous said...

Prayers for you all. XO

Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP..... thats scary.... I am glad that everything is ok now with you guys!!!!

Sending (((((( HUGS )))))))) your way!!!!!!!

~ Christopher ~

http://cmarlow480.blogspot.com/