Friday, March 23, 2007

Georgia

Well, we made it to Georgia, and we made it alive!  There were moments that I didn't think that was possible (crazy drivers and all) but we did it.  The first thing I want to tell you is that Nick was the most awesome baby!  He didn't sleep all night like we had planned and he did whine like twice I think during the over night drive but that was because he was getting so uncomfortable in the car seat.  We then layed it back a bit and he was fine then.  He went to sleep for a few hours then.  So he did great the ENTIRE 22 hours of driving we did last night!  YUP you heard me!! 22 whole hours!  He did great. It totally surprised me, he actually was  better behaved then STEFAN lol.  He watched a lot of spongebob and there were times when the tv was not even on and he did great.  In fact when we got to the hotel in Georgia he said "ready mama?"  He wanted to go right away.  Now we will see how he does with his first night stay in a hotel.  We do have internet here in this hotel...we are staying at the Amerihost inn...but I"m not sure if we will have it in our apt or not.  I will find out tomorrow night.  We have about another 9 hours of driving ahead of us tomorrow and I hope it goes as well as it did last night. 
I have to say though...when we first started out it was a MESS.  Here is what happened:  We made it Mosinee and Nick asked for water.  I gave him his cup with water in it and he sucked the whole cup down.  Well about 5 min later he threw up all over EVERYTHING!  His car seat was just full of it...and so was he!  It took me 20 minutes to clean it all up and It was not fun!  It was cold, I had to get Nick totally naked to clean him off with COLD diaper wipes...and it STUNK so bad forever!  That happened at 8:15pm. 
The night did get better though, we were driving pretty tired.  I drove first from 7:30 to 1am and then Cory drove until about 6am then I took over at 6:30 am to about 11:30am and then Cory drove until we got here about 7ish or so.  At 11:15pm Nick was in a new state for the very first time...and so was Trevor (Stefan's best friend who came with us) for that matter.  We had a pretty good trip overall.  Of course the boys were asking "when will we be at the hotel?" They wanted to go swimming, which they did as soon as we got here.  We will leave early tomorrow morning so we make it to our apt at a decent time and give Nick a chance to unwind before bed time.  I'm glad he got to unwind here that's for sure...and Unwind he did!   I will update hopefully tomorrow!  Hope everyone is doing well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))Hope you hsve a fun and safe trip.Let us know all the detaills.Have a goood weeked.