Monday, June 9, 2008

OMG I am SO mean~! SO SAD

OH Man I did something awful and I feel terrible!  Remember last week sometime when we took mommy groundhog away and brought her to a new home in the woods?  Well today I spotted FIVE baby grounhogs in our pole shed.  STILL alive but small.  AWWWWWW I feel just so crappy and I wished I would have listened to my gut and keep her here for a while longer.  I just knew this would happen!  UGH!  I don't know if you can see them clearly but here they are:  OH WAIT..I just realized that I hadn't shared the trapped groundhog with you yet.  Well we will start with mommy groundhog (we didn't know she was a mommy at that time) 






Now I will share with you the reason WHY we had to re home her...She  had dug SEVERAL holes all over our pole shed. 







Now here is what I see today!  More then a week after we got rid of mommy.  Look under our stored blue lazyboy! 



This one is actually out eating but the others are not venturing out yet.  I got VERY close to this baby while placing the lettuce out for them and he/she didn't seem very scared at all.  The other four ran! 



Oh I feel JUST terrible!  TERRIBLE!  I feel SO mean.  My MIL was here and happened to see it first and she said CARRIE, YOU TOOK AWAY THEIR MOMMY!  I almost cried!~  She didn't mean it in a mean way but I felt terrible already :(  Were going to try to capture them today after Cory gets home and bring them to the wildlife center. I hope we can! :(( they are SOO very thin.  What do you think?  Fish net?? 



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh boy...first off, whats done is done so do not feel bad....mama ground hog may be lurking about anyway and you do not know it but i know you and you all will feed them and make sure they do not starve to death and can survive.
LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

I agree you had no way of knowing. If they seem to like the lettuce put some in a cage every day, soon they will all be venturing into the cage. When they all get in there (I've caught entire litters of kittens this way), I agree take them to a local wildlife center. You can call around to see if there is someone who knows how to handle them and can come to your home and catch them, to be treated and rehomed. I would start with your local wildlife rescue center. Hope things go ok hon. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

were they ok when you took them to the wildlife center?

~ Christopher ~


http://journals.aol.com/cmarlow480/ChristophersJournal/

Anonymous said...

Maybe if you keep food and water nearby they'll be okay.  We have a big groundhog family across the street.  
Missie

Anonymous said...

OH Carrie, dont beat yourself up too much, you didnt know. They look pretty big to me, maybe they are big enough to eat and go on their own. Research what they eat in the wild, it may be easy enough to feed them. You are still probably going to want to relocate them though eventually. Hugs, Kelly

Anonymous said...

Awww don't feel bad about it Carrie xx  I'm sure they will be fine if you managed to catch them to take them to the wildlife centre.  You weren't to know she was a mother x

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Aww, don't feel bad.  You didn't know!!  I would have been sad too though.. awww.. maybe you can catch them and take them to the wildlife center.

-Emily-