Sunday, June 29, 2008

Trying to think...

I have to keep up a little better on this journal.  I can't remember what has been going on! lol  First I will start with a Great Friend of mine.  A lot of you know her...Lori (she has a private journal or I would link it here).  Last week she sent me a really nice bread knife!  It works SUPER!  Thank you Lori!  We of course use it every day because we don't eat any bread but home made bread :)

100_6574.JPG

Then the next day a friend from BYC sent me a really cool looking Alpaca hat from a swap thread they do there :)  It's the cutest thing! 


100_6573.JPG


Nic has been a crazy boy lately.  He wants to run, run, run.  He has a million mosquito bites and last night he cried most of the night until I realized I hadn't given him is Zyteck.  Once I gave him a dose of that, 1/2 hour later he was sound asleep!  He is so allergic or something to those darn Mosquito's.  Poor kid has been miserable.  All he wants to do is run to grandma's house and help grandpa run the tractor but it's all in the woods where the mosquito's are the worst!  I tried to keep him in yesterday but that didn't work so well. 

We got our little white grocery getter (his white station wagon looking thing) fixed yesterday (his dad fixed it, and after MANY parts ordered...300 bucks worth, and lots of work, finally got it going) so last night was one heck of a night for us too.  I will tell you why...We decided at 6pm that we would run to Fleet farm and Mendards for a few things we needed. We got to Fleet Farm and got what we needed there and head back on the freeway when all of a sudden a huge CLUMP come from the tire!  It freaked me out because it jerked the whole car and we thought we could hear something dragging from the car.  Cory pulls over in my son's high school parking lot...we were right next to that exit.  Gets out...nothing...can't see anything.  Call his dad and he said it was prob the emergency brake broke lose in the hub of the tire.  He said it had rusted on and he could not break it lose.  SO Cory started taking the tire off BUT we did not have a screw driver lol.  So his mom and dad drove 1/2 hour to help him out.  By this time Nic and I had to go potty pretty bad lol. 
After about an hour they got it fixed and put back together...that's what it was...the emergency brake.  Good news for us!  I sure did SOUND a lot worse then it really was. 

My dad is doing fine here...he seems to really enjoy the outdoors!  He is outside most of the day.  He loves sitting in his lazyboy out in the garage.  And he will run into our little town not to far from here and buy his lottery tickets.  He also walks up to my inlaws and talks with my FIL...or my FIL will walk over here.  They seem to enjoy each others company. 

OH, a little rant...you know were all going digital come feb of 2009...well we got our $40 coupons in the mail so we used those the other day and got some digital receivers for the tv.  They work now already so we plugged ours in (it's a Sansonic brand)  Well it SUCKS...our tv goes in and out and keeps changing channels back to PBS!  It does get 10 channels here (we only used to get five) but 5 of those are PBS channels and not a lot on them.  AND we no longer get a channel I usually watched during the day...it was a bit fuzzy but we got it.  Now we don't!  I hate this thing!  END RANT

Movie reviews:  I have a few

"The bucket list"  We LOVED it.  I have hear some other mixed reviews from others who have seen it tho.  My FIL thought it was slow in the middle.  We enjoyed the whole movie and give it two thumbs up.  Starring: Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman...both did a great job in this movie. 

"National Treasure 2"
  This was an AWESOME movie.  I recommend this movie to everyone!   Starring:  Nicolas Cage

We have not been watching many movies lately...we have four more to watch yetsitting here for the last week.  We used to watch movies A LOT but now that summer is here I have the yard work, garden, chickens, house cleaning, brooder, egg incubator, and the boys to take care of. That takes up most of my day.. PLUS they are hooked on WOW lately and I don't like watching movies by myself.  So Nic and I go out and spend time with the chickens while they play games :)  It works for me! 

Yesterday we had a surprise visitor...a best friend of the kids since they were all like 2 yrs old!  She is now 16!~ They moved to Denver years ago and the kids don't get to spend time together only when they happen to come over to WI OR once we went there to Denver to visit them. She come over here by herself and is staying with her other friend here in town.  She called Alex and her, Alex and Stefan went to a movie together.  Then she spent the rest of the day with Stefan.  She stopped over to say hi to me.  It was SO nice to see her.  I got a pic of her and Stefan together.

100_6558.JPG


100_6559.JPG


I can't think of anything else that has been going on this past week.  I think I touched a little on everything.  I am going to do an entry in Hangin Wit My Peeps here in a bit so stop over and check that out in a bit :)  Hope everyone has a great day today!

Here are a few extra pics from last week that I hadn't added yet.

We went to that going away party last week...here is a couple pics of that day: Nic with his cousins and their great dane puppy.  The brown  haired little girl just got a kidney transplant and is doing SO well.  Cory's cousins adopted her...her mother never took her to the doctor and she almost died.  Her mother is no longer allowed to see her at all.  The adoption is final now :) Nic gets to see her again the end of July for family reunion.  They were just inseparable...it was so cute. 

100_6525.JPG

100_6526.JPG

100_6524.JPG

Our cat Aspen always has to be center of attention! lol 


100_6545.JPG

100_6523.JPG

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I JUST WATCHED BUCKET LIST YESTERDAY..I LAUGHED AND CRIED..WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR??
JUST WATCHED RAILS AND TIES..ANOTHER TEAR JERKER..GREAT CHICK FLICK THOUGH..
LYN
http://journals.aol.com/ukgal36/Britsblog/

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to rent the Bucket List. Sounds like you have been rather busy lately. Glad to hear your Dad is enjoying living with you guys. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

Glad the car was a simple fix, and I'm really glad that your dad is enjoying it there.  Great pics, thanks for sharing.

Joann

Anonymous said...

Nice bread knife and cap! :) Our friend list would be so limited without the internet wouldnt it? That noise would have freaked me out too, glad it was nothing serious. Your dad seems happy to be there from what you say, I am glad the move there was easy for him.  Luckily we wont have to worry about getting those boxes. If you have satellite, which we have DirecTV, you wont need them. We have been slacking on watching movies too. With Ians new schedule it makes it hard to watch many unless he is completely off that day. I have had Evan Almighty sitting in there for over a week now. Hoping maybe we can watch it tomorrow night as he is off. Nice pictures of everyone, and the little girl with Nic is just adorable. Good to hear she is being well cared for now. Hugs, Kelly

Anonymous said...

Those pesty critters love to bite the heck out me too!  I don't go out at night or they swarm me!  I love the girl's hair!
Missie

Anonymous said...

my BFF had a kidney/pancreas transplant 6 yrs ago.....wow, that little girl is a doll...how could her mom do that to her? Thank God she is safe now! Was it Lori of Lori's Laurel's who sent the knife? She is the best EVER.
The girl who came back to see you all is pretty. Isn't it cool to see the kids that you knew as little kids as they grow up?
Thank God it was only a emergency brake. I am always so happy when it is the small things that go wrong. SO SO glad to hear your dad is happy there! I bet that getting out and about so much is going to be real good for him.
XO

Anonymous said...

Thats a great pic of your cat being center of attention :)  Sounds like you've had a busy week.  Glad it was just the emergency brake and nothing too serious x  

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife