Sunday, May 4, 2008

Tux and Gardens

Well yesterday wasn't as boring of a day as I had thought it would be.  I forgot I had to take Stefan to get a tux fit.  AND pick up his meds at target.  We can pic up his tux on Thursday.  Prom is SAT and he LEAVES on FRIDAY!  Close call there huh!?  He is going to Amanda's (a friend of his) Prom about 3 hours away from us.   She asked him a few weeks ago.  The only bad thing is...I won't be able to get pictures myself!  I hope her parents take a lot and share :)  Her dad called last night and he said Stefan could spend the night there as he had SEVERAL girls at his house saying what a sweet guys Stefan was and he never did anything wrong ever lol.  And he gets good grades.  So those things were a selling point for her father lol.  His daughter is also almost 18 and so is Stefan.  I trust Stefan completely so I'm not worried at all about him staying there.  He's taking his truck over and the girls wanted to rent a limo...not sure if they will but that's what they wanted to do.  Now I'm not sure if these other girls have dates to or if Stefan will be with a bunch of giggling girls on his own...either way he will manage ;)    They are all going out to a big dinner...Stefan's paying for him and for Amanda...I always tell him that the guy pays when it comes to something that is important to the girl.  Proms and homecomings are always very important to girls..more so then it is for guys so I told Stefan you want to make it happy and memorable for her.

Today??....today we are getting the peet moss worked into our soil and then were going to go ahead and plant our garden.  I pray that it's warm enough!  That's all of our plans so far today.  Prob will take most of the day anyhow. 

I hope you all are having a great day today and that you have warmer weather then we do!  Although I can't complain to much...it's getting close to 50 now!

Here is a picture of Last years prom...not Stefan's but his girlfriends.  They are broken up now, getting his tux reminded him of her.  I guess it made him think of her.  She has chosen to go down a wrong path with drugs and alcohol and Stefan didn't want to deal with that.  Understandably so!  But he still misses the girl she used to be.  Heck I miss her...she was such a sweet kid.  I hope she makes better choices in the future for herself. He has a new interest now and he really likes her.  Her name is Kassie and she seems really  nice.  And she treats him WAY better then Mel ever did.  He seems happy again now :) 

Stefan and Dawn (her prom) 2007


   

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw What a beautiful picture. Young Love eh? I couldn't go through all that heartache again! lol.  Will be great to see new pics. Love Pam xx

Anonymous said...

Good thing you remembered about the tux in time. That is a good report from the girl's father about Stefan. A great picture from last year. That is so sad that the girl chose the wrong path but great that he didn't chose to follow her. I hope your plants make it and no more frosty weather comes your way. Helen

Anonymous said...

Stefan is a handsome man! I hope you get lots of pics too, i want to see them. Prom is such a wonderful time for the kids.
It is so warm and pretty here today in Ohio.
HUGS!

Anonymous said...

awwwwww....... sounds like hes gonna have a good time......

Ps... her yellow dress was pretty I like Yellow :)

I know you said hes deaf so like just wondering how does he communicate with the world? I know you replied back to me and said that you guys use sign language to oommunicate so I guess he has to pick a girlfriend that knows sign language??

-- Christopher

Anonymous said...

Sad about his ex-girlfriend. Hopefully she remembers some day what it was like to have someone in her life who genuinely cared for her. I'm sure he will make a handsome date, just as he did last year. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I hope Stefan has a wonderful time. :) Too bad about his former girlfriend. Maybe she will outgrow all that nonsense before it gets the best of her. Kelly

Anonymous said...

well, I don't think there could be a bigger compliment than to have the father of a teen girl trust a boy to let him stay over :)
I hope they have a great time!!

~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely photo and such a shame that she has taken a wrong turning :(  it's sad when that happens.  Hope Stefan will enjoy the day xx  Hope her parents take pics so we can see ;)   Hope you had a good day and the temps rise for you soon x

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife