Friday, May 30, 2008

I'm alive! Really I am!

I have been SOO busy with my chicks it's been crazy. I had my first hatch ever hatch out and the last one is working on it right now :) 

Lets see..what had been going on here besides chickens and building a coop??  Well, Not a whole lot!  My niece may be coming over today to visit so Nic will have someone to play with.  He is up at grandma's right now, I told him I would call if his cousins got here before  he come home.  My son is on his last week of school and then he has his summer off.  We can't afford to send him to the wrestling camps this year as they cost hundreds!  I think last year we forked out 600 just in camps alone!  WHO can afford that every year?  WE CAN'T that's for sure.  Were lucky we  can afford gas right now!  So the only camp he will be going to is Lions Camp which is 25 bucks and we get that back if we want it.  I always donate it or let Stefan spend it in the stores there. 
My MIL and I are carpooling to the store once every other week.  I will drive with her and that way I can drive her in too...she can't drive again :(   

It's finally spring here!  Check this out! All sorts of blooms on our apple trees :) FINALLY Although it is still getting down to 30 at night.



 Lets see what other photos I have for you this week. 

We got our garden planted over Memorial day weekend.



The boys caught out in the rain while working on the coop...check out Stefan's umbrella he's the one farther back.



For those of you who don't read my Hangin Wit My Peeps journal I wanted to share this photo with you lol I have it posted there too. They REALLY love the peeps coming from my incubator!




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The weather change from here to there is something. All the trees that were blooming here is already gone except maybe the magnolias. It's supposed to be in the 90's here tomorrow. It got in the 90's a few days ago also. It getting pretty dry again. Helen

Anonymous said...

Wow it is still getting cold there at night! Its finally staying in the sixties here at night. Thank goodness. I hear ya on affording anything. We are just going to have our own summer fun right here at home. We still hope to be able to make a trip to Florida in September, but we will just have to wait and see how things go. By then gas may be five dollars a gallon, who knows. It is already getting there fast. Have a good weekend and I will see ya on Monday. Just let those last eggs sit over the weekend. I have had late ones before...here is holding out hope. :) Love, Kelly

Anonymous said...

I love the photo of the cats checking the newest additions! LOL
Missie

Anonymous said...

I love how the cats are so nosy. lol
i can not believe how late you have spring and warm weather. It is 85 degrees here today but we have tornadoes all over the place. The gas prices are unreal, totally.
XO

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the nights are still cold in your part of the country, Carrie; its amazing with it almost being June

great pictures; I like the idea of car pooling to the store; I think more people are going to have to do those things with the way gas is going

loved the cats watching the incubator :)

betty

Anonymous said...

Loved reading about your chicks!  Sounds like you are enjoying yourself... they sure are cute.

Hope all is well
Kris

Anonymous said...

Love the pic of the cats..... just waiting to pounce.... it's so cute!!!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

Thanks for adding me to your alert and sharing your private journal.  I love your family pics; the kids are so "into" each other.  Great to see that!  -Karen