Monday, April 16, 2007

About the news this morning

My thoughts and prayers go out to the parents and the wounded of those at Virginia Tech. Over 20 dead and many wounded from one loan shooter who they don't know is dead or alive yet.  I can't believe that this sort of thing can happen...and to know your children are not safe in any college or even high school for that matter.  Just so sad. 

And another thing...Please check Angie's journal by following the  link below and help this lovely women Kim who is fighting cancer, receive something wonderful from us here at Jland.  This is a wonderful Idea and I know I have used this idea for weight loss purposes with my friends also and its something you really treasure that doesn't cost and arm and a leg.

http://journals.aol.com/canyonsun04/the-giving-tree/

You will most likely see a lot of this link in my journal, I think this journal is just simply awesome. I know some people have had problems with it but that is their own problem...if they can't trust that the things are getting to these people and/or these people are taking advantage just don't read or don't donate..it's simple.  I happen to trust Angie and trust that she has good judgment and of course not everyone is perfect or trustworthy but I find it hard to believe that someone would waste their time to send the email to Angie to start, with all the explanation of what they need, and it's not like there is a HUGE form of donating going on here either.  It's just a little something to let people know that there are still people out there who care.  So Angie, I salute you in all the good you have been doing here :)

On with the journal...this morning was an early morning.  I didn't get to bed until after 1am and I just could not sleep this morning so I was up by 6:30 am...I have no idea why but usually I"m able to go back to sleep after I go downstairs to see if Stefan is awake but this morning I couldn't.  I did some dishes, put some laundry away, and just stood out on the balcony and listened to the birds. It's finally warm enough to enjoy my balcony and still cool enough to keep the bugs away. 
It's after noon right now and I'm still not tired and usually I want a nap by now lol...NOPE not taking any pills either!!!  Maybe all the energy is coming from the fruit I have been eating lol.  Ok, going to take some pictures of Nick playing out on the balcony.  Will post them in a bit so come back and check...AND if you didn't see the pics from yesterdays journal go check them out.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't always comment, but I often read <<<SIGH>>> Your making me blush.  You know, I look at it like this, I put the word out, but it's all the Jlanders that make the Giving Tree work.  SO THANK YOU for passing the word on and to everyone that pulls together.  This is such a huge help to spread the word.
I did not hear about the V. Tech, <<SAD SIGH>>> Tragic, I will keep them in my thoughts, my prayers. How horrible.
Love
Ang

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))I feel so sad for the students parents who lost there loved ones and the ones who are still injured.It hits me like a brcik when all this stuff happends.I dont know what to think of it.Thats why I dont watch the news.I am from Marylan,i been watching the news most of the day.I cant belive what the parents must be going through right now.I wish there was something that we could do to send our love.But,I guess the only thing we can do is pray,even thoe,some wonder,even why God would do this.But its not God its the devil.Ok,enough about that.I think that Angie is doing a wonderful job with the giving tree.i wish I can do more to help,but,theeses days I been only working 3 days from my work.So much going on.I always love your pics you share.Have a good day.