Thursday, May 24, 2007

In memory

I was kind of holding off on this entry because I was waiting to hear from my friend.  This is a very sad entry today.  Three days ago Nick and I went for a ride to return some books at the library and our new dog Zeus heard a dog bark and he got away from me and out the car he went.  He was hit by a car and after getting him to the vets office he passed away.  Here are a few pictures of Zeus (who's name really fit him by the way)  May he rest in peace:

These pics are making me cry again :( but I think they are so cute.  We miss you Zeus...especially your buddy Stefan.  In the picture below Cubby is telling Zeus that he may not like him too close to him. THese were taken the first night we got him. 






<---THIS IS MY FAVORITE PICTURE OF THEM...JUST LOOK AT THAT SMILE ON STEFAN'S FACE

Later on that night we took Zeus downtown and he showed Alex how strong he was but taking her for a ride ON her butt.  He seen a girl and wanted to say hi.

The next day was a busy day for all of us...we went into town and Zeus of course went with us.  We took him to Petco and got a new collar for him and a leash to match...along with a  LONG walking leash to go for long walks to the lake with Stefan.  He had a blast at Petco but he was a really good dog.  didn't  scare anyone! 

When we got back home Stefan took him for a walk and tried out his new leash.  It worked really well and Stefan said he followed Zeus back home and he knew right where to go.  What a smart dog.



 
<---HERE THEY ARE LEAVING



<---COMING HOME.

Later that night we are just watching some tv and the cat dared to wander upstairs...he had been hiding behind the couch since Zeus got here lol  But here is what he thinks of Zeus:  He was getting used to him obviously or he would not have even been on our couch in the first place.





Thank you Kal and Steph for not being mad at me :) And again, I am SOO sorry this had to happen.  We will sure miss him as I know you guys will too. 


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sad situation.  I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.  Be sure and Google the "Rainbow Bridge" and read it.  It is always a comfort to someone who looses a pet.    Linda in Washington state  

Anonymous said...

Very Very sorry to here about Zeus, your in my thoughts. This was a nice tribute.
Hugs
Angie

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry for your loss!  This is a lot for you guys to go through in such a short period of time.  You're in my thoughts and prayers.
~christi

Anonymous said...

1st off here is the poem. Someone posted to a gal on my m/c board.

The Rainbow Bridge

There is a bridge connecting Heaven & Earth.
It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its colors.
Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of
meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grbehind.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place.
There is always food and water and warm spring weather.
The old and frail animals are young again. Those who
are maimed are made whole. They play together all day.

There is only one thing missing: They are not with
their special person who loved them on Earth.
Each day they run and play until the day comes
when one suddenly stops playing and looks up!
The nose twitches! The ears are up! The eyes are staring!
And this one suddenly runs from the group.

You have been seen, and when you and your special friend meet,
you take him or her in your arms and embrace.
Your face is kissed again and again, and you look once
more into the eyes of your trusting friend.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together,
never again to be separated.


Next you have always been my friend and I know that you would never ever do anything to harm my feelings or my children's feelings. And I know that you would never harm an animal especially an animal that your ds Stefan loved.

This was a very beautiful post.

Love always
Kallie
XXXOOO

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOUALL)))))))))))))))))))))))I am so sorry,it makes me want to cry.But I am glad you guys have some good pics and memories.I wish I was there so I can give you all a big hug.Have a good night.