Monday, May 14, 2007

Its time

Update:  10pm Thanks all for the comments, they mean a lot.  We did put him to sleep and it was way more sad then I had ever expected!  We were all crying...even Cory, and I don't see him tear up much let me tell ya!  Poor Alex was the worse...she was really super sad about this and it hit her the hardest I think.  Stefan was pretty upset and crying too.  And of course when my kids are crying I have to cry too.  AND I  of course was sad for Bailey but it sure makes it worse when you see your kids crying their eyes out.  Kallie, thanks so much for talking to Steph about this... I told Bev and Art too and they are looking forward to it too.  But like I said, there is no rush at all.  We are also planning to keep his name if she decides to give him to us :)   When we got home with bailey,  he was in the back of the van wrapped in a blanket...and cubby jumped back there and started scratching at him and laid by him for a little while.  I think he knew too. I can't believe how smart dogs can be.  He's kind of sad today as well. Grandma also had to say her goodbyes and came and gave him a hug and closed his eyes.  We finally got his grave dug at about 6:45 pm My FIL was going to dig it with his back hoe but it broke down so we had to dig it by hand.  We have a huge rock for a grave stone and it looks really nice. We also put Sheba in as well so Bailey wouldn't be lonely...Sheba had been Cremated in 2002 and they saved the ashes.  Sheba was MY childhood dog and she was SO sweet. She had to be put to sleep at the age of 17.  Bailey was 16.  I took some pics and I will post them tomorrow since we are at the hotel tonight.  Thanks again for all the support :)   ONE MORE THING:  GOOD LUCK TOMORROW TO MY NIECE WHO WILL BE INDUCED AND HAVE HER BABY GIRL :)  Can't wait!! 

Well, It's time to put Bailey down.  He has not eaten all day yesterday and today so far.  And he doesn't want to drink either.  I called Alex and she will meet us at the vets office.  Stefan is at school so we may wait until 3 to do it so he can be there too...if he wants to be.  This will be a very sad day.

It's suppose to be warm today (close to 90) and we have a reservation to our water park here in town.  I won it before I quit work.  So we will be gone all day and I will be back tomorrow about 11ish.  Other then that nothing much going on and I will update tomorrow as to how everything went.

UPDATE: We have an apt at 4pm and we will bring Bailey back here to bury him on our property.  It only seems right. 

In memory of Bailey: We will miss you



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How Sad! It will be so weird to not have Bailey at your house. He had a great life though. He got a lot of love from all of you.

Anonymous said...

My heart and prayers go out to your family.  Love ya!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you have to go through that with Bailey.  I know what it's like to put a pet to sleep.  Just know that you are doing what is best for him...it's best to end the suffering if there is nothing you can do to make it better.

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))I am sorry about loosing a pet,they are like your family,I know what its like.Its very sad.Just remember all the good times.Have a nice evening.

Anonymous said...

Oh Tears and (((hugs))) I am so very sorry. No matter how prepared that is horrible. I am glad that sweet Bailey will not be in pain any more. On a good note I think Stephanie is going to say yes about Zeus.

Love ya
Kallie

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((((((((( HUGE HUG )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) I am so sorry for your loss.  I just don't know what to say.  I think it's nice that you will have a place to visit him and maybe plant some flowers. My thoughts are with you
Love
Ang

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I hate aol!  I just thought I'd drop by and leave you a comment since you hadn't posted in a while... little did I know that I just wasn't getting the alerts.  I'm so sorry-- I know how terribly difficult this decision was, but I also know that watching him suffer was even harder.  I'll bet Bailey and Boudreaux are good friends now, running and playing, pain-free.  Hang in there;  I'll be thinking of you and your family.
Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~christi