Monday, May 21, 2007

Tired!

   Oh K  We had a really long couple of days.  I have been running, running the past two days is seems like. I have lots of updates and pictures to post but I"m going to do pictures tomorrow cuz I'm SO tired.  Poor Zeus stayed up all night...jumping on the bed, jumping off the bed, crawling under the bed (to visit cubby) and whining a bit.  I think it was all the excitement of all the new things.  He was forced to give up his old "Pack" and try to make a new one all in one day so he's obviously having issues with the whole thing.  I have to say though...day two went much better and him and cubby are starting to deal... and the cat...well, you will see how he deals after I post the pictures.  Zeus kind of fit right in to our family life here...or is trying to anyhow.  He got a pretty darn good turkey meal tonight for dinner so that he really enjoyed. 
Last night we took Zeus for a drive to the gas station and he loved it...hung his head out the window the entire time...we called him "Bat Dog" it reminded us of Bailey when he was young with his ears flapping in the wind.  
Today we took Zeus into town and we went to the vet (He weighed in at 86 pounds) and then we stopped to sign up for classes.  AND in July he will start his "hearing dog" training if he passes the tests.  His obedience classes are at the same place and the hearing training will take place after that.  His apt for shots and neuter are on June 5th. After the vet we went to Petco...got him a cute blue collar and a toy and some other things.  Zeus got to meet a lot of other animals which he was ok with.  There was a dog there bigger then him surprisingly. Stefan walked down to the lake today with him...well actually they ran.  It was so funny because Zeus hardly got any sleep the past two days so when he actually lays down to rest, his head is bobbing like a baby's head would.  He's falling asleep while still sitting up!  lol  It's just so funny.  I'm hoping that tonight he will be tired enough to go to sleep instead of pace around the bedroom.  I will update tomorrow with the pictures and more info on how he did tonight.  Cory went to bed early hoping to get a few hours of sleep before  Zeus and I come to bed.  I was falling asleep on the couch so I think it's time to head to bed. It's only 10pm and that's strange for me to go to bed this early. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so happy besides a little up and down and him not sleeping that things are going well. I tried to call your home # but you were out running the "bat dog" around. LOL Steph was so happy last night. It felt good to know that it was a good fit and we did te right thing. I have to say the kids had me worked up and feeling guilty this weekend even though I knew this was the right thing for Zeus.

I can't wait for pics as Faith is asking for them. She was really upset yetserday and was still up needing to know if Xeus was ok and she kept asking if we could drive to see him today. She made me cry. Poor little girl. She will see the pics and she will be happy.

Lots of Love
Also nice to see you. Let's not be so distant. :)
Kallie

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))))))))))Sounds like you all have een so usy taking care of Zeus,but so glad things are working out for you all.Hope you get a good rest tonight.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys are really enjoying Zeus. Hopefully the classed will be good for him, its too bad they don't have obedience school for toddlers. LOL.