Friday, May 18, 2007

New doggy

Well, just heard from my friend that they are going to give their dog (Chocolate Lab) to us :)  Were really excited and we will get him on Sunday.  They are bringing him to our house later in the afternoon.  Stefan can't wait.  When I told him we got the dog (meaning her daugher said yes) he got all excited and asked "We got the dog NOW?"  He thought we had it home already.  He wanted to go pick him up tonight.  I told him not till after the rummage sale was over so we can spend time with him and not leave him alone the first day we get him.  His name is Zeus and we will keep that name because I would feel to bad changing it  and feel as if I were disrespecting my friends daughter.  And we like the name too which is a good thing.  Alex isn't at all happy that were replacing Bailey so soon but I explained to her that it's not REPLACING him it's getting a NEW dog.  I want a dog for Nick to grow up with too.  Our hopes are to get him trained as a hearing dog so it there is a fire in the house the dog would go wake up Stefan and assist in getting him out of the house.  Or let him know if the door bell rings or phone rings.  I hope he qualifies!  Monday I am calling and getting him an apt for his shots and to get him fixed.  Were really excited to meet him on Sunday.  Still getting ready for the rummage sale and  bringing stuff into town.  It's not been a fun process, I have been very busy.  Haven't even had time to clean much and get the spring cleaning up here done yet.  I think we had our tv off for 3 days in a row now because we have been going here and going there!  OR cleaning.  Nick always wants to be outside so when we take our breaks we go outside to play.  I will update again tomorrow after the sale probably.  Hope everyone has a good night :)  Kallie, If you call tonight call my cell cuz I have to run to town again. I won't be home till late tonight. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))))))))that is so exciting,getting a new Dog,let us know how it all goes.And its a good thing to train Him for your Son.Have a good weekend.