Sunday, August 19, 2007

Doctor

Well we may be on our way to the emergency room with my oldest son.  He has very swollen glands on both sides of his neck and the lumps are scaring me.  His throat hurts STILL.  Remember back when he was in camp he was sick pretty much the whole month.  Well we took him to the doctor twice in that time and they never found anything.  Now this!  I'm taking him to a different emergency room to see if maybe THEY can find something.  He also ran a fever last night. Today no fever but still pain in the throat area...problems swallowing, and he's also dizzy.  He said he's been dizzy for a while off and on.  The last time I knew of him being dizzy was in camp and that's why we went in.  Now he tells me it hasn't really gone away.  GRR I wish he would tell me things earlier.  I HOPE they find something this time or at least get him on some antibiotics...obviously there is some sort of infection going on if his glands are swollen.  Gets me angry that we have to go through all this!  I hope it's all resolved before school starts!  He can't afford to miss school when he's on the incentive program.  If he misses more then 5 days a semester he's kicked out.  School starts here the day after labor day.  Well, time to clean up around here and then off to the doc. Stefan is still sleeping, I will let him sleep while he's comfortable.  I asked him if he wanted to go to the emergency room last night but he said no.  I trust he knows what he can handle pain wise.  Cory's not real worried about it but being a MOM I'm sick about this. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Stefan gets better.  He may have a bad throat infection.  It will cause all of those symptoms.  I used to get swollen glands all the time when my tonsils flared up.  I'm here if you need me.  

Anonymous said...

strep throat? meningitis? mono? you have to think about these things! Keep him away from NICK!
keep us posted... sorry he's not feeling well..
*hugs*
heather

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I hope he's okay,
Missie

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((9HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))Oh my,I will  be praying for STefan,I hope its nothing serious,that He just needs antibotiic.Poor thing,just when school is starting.Your a Mom,my Mom would worry to.Praying for you all.

Anonymous said...

I have been to the ER several times because my glands get so swollen and painful I not only can't swollow but the pain is unbareable.  IV fluids with anitibiotics is what they give to me in the ER then I go home with antibiotic pills to follow up. I use to go once a year for it. I found out later that allergies is what would trigger the flare ups. Nasty and painful. I hope he feels better soon, I understand fully what it's like.
Hugs and Good Luck
Ang