Friday, August 24, 2007

Five more days

logo maker - http://www.sparklee.com


Just five more days until our 20th anniversary!  I'm excited but yet we won't be doing to much. I think I'm going to buy some champagne and rent a movie and enjoy our night right here at home.

Usually we never buy each other gifts or anything like that because we always have other things to spend our money on. If we do want something we just go and get it any time...we don't wait for our anniversary or anything like that.   Sometimes we get each other cards and sometimes we don't.  This year however, I feel it's special enough to get a card for my husband.  I will also be having a very special entry on the 29th so be sure to check that out.   I'm not sure if Cory will be getting me a card or not (I hope he does just because)...he may not because we have had this agreement for some time and if he doesn't that's ok with me too.  But I want to get him one. 

Now,  shopping for this card may take a while.  If anyone knows me...it takes me FOREVER and a day to shop for a card because I have to read each one and pick just the right one for someone.  In fact..I don't send many cards because of that reason!~ lol  I just can't stand it if I can't find just the right one for the occasion.  My goal for 2008 is to update all the anniversary's of the friends and relatives we know and send a card to everyone!!  If I missed YOU on your anniversary...don't feel bad..I didn't send ANYONE a card!  I feel terrible about that and I need to fix that!  I have such a terrible memory as well so that doesn't help either.

In other news today, I decided on taking off ALL the edge tiles on our counter top and replacing it with wood.  They were just not holding. All I had to do was simply pull up and they would come right off.  I would hate for another one of those to fall on someone's foot again!  There was just not enough edge space to adhere well enough.  So for right now our Island looks terrible!  But it's better that then another hurt toe!  I'm going to go searching for some wood to replace it next week sometime. 

Stefan is still feeling well enough to stay awake and not take any meds :)  That makes me feel alot better!  I like the fact that he won't have to miss any school and so does he.  Mostly because he wants to try for a 4.0 this semester.  And that came about when we got his letter in the mail from the school today telling us about awards night in Sept.  I am SO very proud of that boy!  He will be getting a silver medal for achieving a 3.845 GPA in the tenth grade.  A point shy of a gold medal (you need a 4.0 for that) but hey...we'll take the silver!  Were not fussy! lol  I will be sure to post pictures of that day :)  Today I am a very proud parent!  MORE LATER :)

BUMPER STICKERS

(see missie's entry here)

Mine are kind of lame to missy but it was fun!  Thanks for sharing.

yoursign1.jpg picture by 2breakaway1968

yoursign3.jpg picture by 2breakaway1968

yoursign.jpg picture by 2breakaway1968

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

TWenty years is a huge deal... had I stayed married to my first husband we would have been married 21 years now... hard to imagine. I'm glad we didn't make it that far... I would be in the looney bin by now. God bless the wonderful woman who lives with him now... she deserves better but I'm glad she's there to look after my kids the once or twice a year they see him.
Glad your kids are feeling better... we allhave colds now... it's miserable!
*hugs*
heather

Anonymous said...

Wow 20 years!!! Congratulations!!!  I'll watch for the entry.  I'm glad Stefan is doing better.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the pass with care I have a cell phone. LOL  I'm one of those guilty ones always on my phone while in the car.  Twenty years of marriage! WOW!!
Missie