Monday, January 15, 2007

More fun

exciting update below:

Hello, I finally made it on here...I was so busy yesterday.  Here was my day, first thing I had to bring my son's friend (Trevor) home because he slept over and when we got to my friend Corey's house (Trevor's dad) he wanted me to come in to check out their new house they just bought.  So I stayed there for a while to visit...Nick got bite by his son Michael who is a little younger then Nick.  But otherwise it was an ok visit.  Then i headed back home to get some cleaning done before Grandma came over to watch Nick because we had a dinner party for my work to go to.  We went to that, it was fun we sat with a bunch of my friends and their hubbys from work.  They had a great dinner and I WON a hotel stay to the lodge which is next door to where I work.  It's a large water park and we got the king suite with over sized whirlpool and fireplace!  I can't wait!  AND we also got two tickets to the water park which the older kids will enjoy.  Were just going to enjoy the ROOM! lol  I will take lots of pics!  I'm not sure when we will stay for sure.  And the good thing is that if something happens where we can't stay over night (like nick gets crabby) then we can just go home.  This will be Nick's first stay away from home EVER!  I hope he does ok. 
By the time we got home it was pretty late and I fell asleep on the couch! I was so tire. I think it was all the good food! lol  SO here are some pictures finally!  I'm so happy to have my camera back in swing again.

<---Nicks new hair cut by mom!

Another one of Nick.---->


<---Close up, isn't he just precious!

Here he wears Dads socks---->


<---And jumping!

Here is our huge kitty!---->


Our Kitty Aspen had a hard time dealing with the move to the country and I think he missed his "friend kitty's" from the city.  He used to like going outside now he won't even TRY to go outside.  I like that though...less sicknesses for him!  He is the best cat anyone could ask for...he is a cuddler and never does anything wrong.  Well, I shouldn't say that...he does throw up EVERY time he eats.  He always has so we just consider that NORMAL for him.  The vet told us nothing was wrong with him but its' just something he always does.  We just know that when he eats he throws up. lol  He eats ALOT at a time though so I'm sure that's why.  He's close to a 20 lb cat (maybe more) haven't weighed him in a year but his vet check is coming up so we will find out then.  But we love him and thats just part of him and part of the "routine" that comes with him.   I don't think I would know  what to do with a cat who DIDN'T  do that.  It would be weird. 

I'm sure I will end up updating later on here with more pics but not sure.  I hope you all have a wonderful day today! 

update:

I just watched Oprah and loved the show.  Bob Greene was on there telling about his new diet plan "The Real Life Diet"  Of course I am going to buy the book lol.  I decided to try Phase One to see how it goes.  The only bad thing about Phase One is you cannot weigh in the first whole month!  That will be hard for me...but it won't be the hardest thing...the hardest thing is to delete ALL soda from my diet for phase one and two.  THAT will be my biggest challenge!  The other 5 things he says to stay away from is TRANS FATS (ALL) which means NO fast foods for sure.  FRIED FOODS which won't be that hard.  WHITE BREAD, REGULAR PASTA,  and HIGH FAT DAIRY PRODUCTS now this is for sure for the Phase One stage but I need to get the book to find out if itis also for Phase Two.  Other things you need to do do for Phase ONE are:  eliminate ALL alcohol while in phase one, Exercise (don't know the amount or the length of time yet), 48 oz of water MIN he prefers more, Stop eating at least 2 hours before you go to bed.  And i know there is one or two more but I got my paper late so I missed it. If anyone knows what they are please leave it in my comments :) 
I'm also going to go on Oprah.com and enter and she may choose me to document my weight loss for a future show.  That would be so cool! Most likely not but it sure doesn't hurt to try right??  Well, I will keep you updated on how it goes and all that.  I can't wait to get started but I know I will have a problem with the diet soda for sure...I will have to try to find a suitable replacement for it.  ANY IDEAS??  No diet sweeteners though.  I was thinking lemon or limes in my water?  Can try it and see how i like it. I know I have heard that was really good. 

It will be easy grocery shopping however because all the approved foods have the "best life" sticker on the foods!  How exciting! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))That is great,you won a stay in a hotel,I wanted to do that so much,go stay in a hotel for just a few nights away from home.Would be nice.I hope when you,you guys have a great time,and your boy wont get home sick.He is just to cute.we nehttp://journals.aol.com/hugsdoodlewacky/Mandy/ed to see some pics of you,only saw one of you.Have a nice evening.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on winning the great hotel visit and water park tickets....that is AWESOME!!! I hope it works out so you guys can stay all night...it will be so much fun :)
The pictures of your little Nick were so precious....he is so adorable! Treasure these times, my Mandy will turn 24 in 2 more weeks.....times just slips awy with your children nefore you know it.
I love the name of your cat....cool! Our dog Molly vomits a lot too after she eats and especially if she drinks too much water. I know what you mean about just being used to it....she's almost 10 years old now and has done it forever!!
I heard Oprah was good....I missed it. I'm glad it got you all fired up though....that's always a good thing :) Good luck with it...I can't wait to hear how it's going for you on it.

Pooh Hugs,
Linda~