Thursday, January 4, 2007

Very UPSET!

Photos posted below:

Ok this has nothing to do with weight loss, its about my son.  First let me tell you a little about him...

Stefan was born Profoundly deaf and they could never give me a reason as to WHY he was deaf.  He started school at 6 mos of age and I had to put him on the school bus in a car seat screaming every day!  It was horrible but I did it for him. I cried EVERY single day asking god why he choose HIM to have to deal with this handicap!
 He eventually got used to it but he struggled every day with signs and trying to learn English.  Reading was a real struggle daily for him.  Eventually with the help of a few good teachers who we were lucky enough to get when Stefan started 4th grade he became a very bright student.  He now gets straight A's and is a wonderful athlete. He just turned 16 and is a sophomore.  He has been in wrestling since 3rd grade and has been in track since 8th.  Last year he received a Varsity letter as a Freshman (he was SO proud of that)...he has always been a really good wrestler and that's why I don't want him to quit.  He has SO much potential and the coaches don't want him to quit either.   He is a WONDERFUL boy and does nothing wrong.  Is very respectful to everyone!  I can't even tell you how that makes me feel.
Wrestling is something he had planned to do through his Sr. year so you can imagine my surprise when he came home a few weeks ago telling me he wants to quit wrestling!  This child LOVES wrestling with all his heart.  I asked him why and he said it was because he wanted to spend more time with NIck (his baby brother) now I did not believe him from the start because I know how much he adores his sports.  Well today I found out the "real" reason.  It is because two of his TEAMMATES have been calling him a FU***** deaf Fag!   And a few other names in the locker room after practice.  They know he's deaf of course so they get right in front of him to be sure he knows what they are saying. That to me is harassment!? Do you agree??  I am SO pissed right now I could just go up to those boys tomorrow and slap both of them.  I am calling the coach right away in the morning to try to put a stop to this as well as the principle. I hope I"m doing the right thing by this but I can't see letting this go on.  It has not stopped yet by him just ignoring them so it's time to step in and do it myself. My hopes is to get these boys kicked off the team.  Kids like these should NOT be on any team in my opinion.  I just pray that I don't make it worse for him! 

Ok it's late and I'm done ranting nowand I will update more tomorrow and of course have more pics...I took some tonight :) 

Nick and Stefan.

My Nephew Tyler (in red) and Nick in basement


Nick on my treadmill



No comments: