Monday, January 8, 2007

So much to tell

I have lots to tell...we will start with my sons wrestling update.  Well, Saturday the kids had a tournament.  This tournament is a "round robin" which I never understand ANYHOW...but this is real confusing.  My son lost his first round (there are three) and he won his second two.  ONE of the wins was against this boy who has been teasing him!!! YEAH  The match was awsome to watch even tho my heart was just about to give out with all the pounding cuz  I wanted him to beat this brat so badly! The funny thing was that Stefan had a smile on his face the whole time pretty much.  The coach asked the interpreter "IS HE SMILING!" lol  That was his last match.  SO this kid won two out of three and so did stefan and so did another boy.  So they were tied for first place.  The brat kid ended up with first place and Stefan took third...which is understandable since the brat kid pinned a kid and Stefan had not...but thats not what I don't understand...what I don't understand is that they told us that if Stefan had LOST to the second kid he wrestled he would have taken SECOND!!  WTH!!! (what the heck!)  They said then it would have been a totally different story.  Well, I just didn't get it...all i know is I'm SO happy that Stefan beat this kid even tho he took 3rd. 
Stefan said the kid had been really nice to him the last two days...and in fact he was talking with Stefan.  The more I watch them the more I think this kid was just treating him like "one of the guys"??  I dont' know.. I talked with his interpreter and she said that usually this kid is really nice and a decent kid...she knows him well.  So my son wants to wait to talk to the coach which I will respect but I told him as soon as he says something just tell him that he would like him to stop and if that doesn't work we will go to the coach. 

Ok next update is about going organic.  We have been converting to organic/all natural foods and we are pretty much there.  I cleaned out my cupboard and gave away all our "bad" foods with Hydrogenated oils in them.  We even upgraded our spices!  And I got a new spice rack! lol  It's cute.  Here it is:

THIS IS MY NEW SPICE RACK AND OLIVE OIL DISPENSER.


 This is just some of the organic foods we got so far. 


I just had some Special K with the organic milk and 1/4 tsp organic sugar and it didn't taste any different then the regular milk...althought I did notice a difference in the sugar...as in MORE sugary and you don't need as much!  It tasted really good actually.  The jelly was fabulous...in fact we got peanut butter too and my son liked it more!  Here is an example of why we are going Organic:

Ingredients in Peanut butter:

Jif:  Roasted peanuts, sugar molasses partially hydrogenated vegitable oil fully hydrogenated vegetable oils, salt.

All natural ingredients: Peanuts   THATS IT!!

Now WHY do they find the need to take out ALL the natural peanut oils and replace them with Hydrogenated oils??? Because they make lots of money selling the healthier oils separate!! Totally unfair for the consumer if you ask me!  Hey I would pay a little more to LEAVE the natural oils in that's for sure! 

I'm seeing a big difference in other regular vs organic foods as well!  It's a huge difference and I"m glad were switching!  And we just found out that heath dept was urging everyone to REMOVE Hydrogenated oils way back in 1978!  Because it's so dangerous! 

McDonald's "SAID" they were going to take out the bad oils 4 yrs ago and STILL have NOT done it! 

Burgar King "Has NO comment"  What does that tell ya??

Wendy's did take it out of the fry oil BUT the fries are partially cooked.. PARTIALLY cooked in Hydrogenated oils BEFORE they ever reach wendys!  WHAT???

And we all wonder why were getting cancer and dying of obesity...wow I've been terrible at eating this crap but NO more!  I'm glad that were doing all this research because the more we do the more likely I will stick to this new diet. 

No comments: