Sunday, November 25, 2007

fight and a movie anyone!??

Update on a new movie we just watched below...


Ok...well this week has been movie week for us and we have just NOT been doing anything but enjoying some movies and enjoying hubby's time off work.  I made another turkey last night late lol  WHY you ask??  lol  Well my daughters friends LOVED the food I sent home with my daughter and begged me to make their turkeys too.  I made LOTS of homemade gravy for them too.  They have eight turkeys total lol  UMMM not sure if I get to make all eight but I have one more for sure that they want me to make. 

Movies we have watched this week:

Reign over me... get the kleenex ready for this one.  Oh man...it was a tear jerker.  The movie starts out kind of slow but then it gets pretty interesting...it's over a 2 hour movie.

Rescue Dawn...this one was a true story about Dieter Dengler  He was an American pilot shot down over Laos and take to a prison camp. It was very good and very exciting.  This was another long movie but it was good.

Home of the brave...it was another war movie but it was SLOW and pretty uninteresting. It was one we did not like. It was about a few of the men and one women who fought in Iraq and how it affected their lives once they got home.

Live Free or Die Hard...this was a great movie to add to my die hard collection! 

Deck the Halls...this was cute but I expected the  other guy to decorate his house too lol I really thought it was going to be a fight as to who could decorate better.  It was good tho. And about true friendship

The Reef...this was pretty cute.  It was animated and kind of reminded me of Finding Nemo in a way.  It's a love story of two fish lol.  It was cute.

We are Marshall...WOW this was a great movie but Chrissy was right- get that Kleenex ready for this one!  Oh my it was a really goodmovie but man!  It was sad. 
 
 We are going to watch...
 
 Blade 3 and we have Are we done yet coming in the mail now...we go through blockbuster online and it's really working out wonderful for us becasue we get to return the mail movies for in store movies and the blockbuster store is close to my sons school so it works out great!  Our last movie night prob until Christmas time when hubby is off again for a few days.  Anyone have any great movies to recommend!? 

Another update...the kids brought me ANOTHER turkey to make lol  This is the third one we made in three days.  It's ok tho...it's nice I can help the kids out so they have something to eat besides fast food.  They took the other done and cut up turkey and gravy home with them today so they can start eating.  They said they think two more want me to make their turkeys for them.  The other couple will give theirs to their parents for the Christmas holiday.  None of them knew how to cook a turkey so I offered to cook it for them.  Doesn't take much effort really.

AND now..time for the fight! lol I found this over at Latte'Dah's  journal and thought it would be fun :)

snowball.gif picture by 2breakaway1968

Join in, copy picture, post and put your link here, visit all your friends!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was given a 1 month gift certificate for Net Flix.  I guess I should use it before it expires.  "Deck the Halls" was good, saw it in the theater.  And I was always going to see "We Are Marshall" but never got to it.   Thanks for the snow ball...it hit me right smack in the face !   Linda in Washington state

Anonymous said...

Can you believe I did not have not one piece of turkey this year?  I normally have a small piece or two..just 'cause...sounds as if y'all had enough for all of us, though.  lol
That is a really cute snowball pic, and I did snag it!
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Can never make too much Turkey.  The extra gravy is the key :)  Your a good mom.
That's alot of movies.  I think I'm addicted to TV right now. Each night I have to watch certain shows.  I can't get enough.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/lattedah711/lattedah/    Tracy