Friday, November 23, 2007

It's been quiet and a rant!

It really has been quiet around Jland.  I think a lot of you are enjoying vacation!   We had the Inlaws and my daughter and her boyfriend over for dinner. It was a very nice visit with her and my husband even asked her boyfriend to go out for a walk with him.  My daughter freaked out and said "MOM, I'm so scared...if Pat doesn't come back were done!"  Meaning her and her dad are done! lol  She is so funny!  I'm sure that Cory gave him a talking to.  Alex will tell me later when Pat isn't' around I'm sure.  

Well, I do have some good news...remember when my daughter Alex (my straight A student) failed to do her work ALL or MOST of her senior year??  Well she was not able to graduate even tho she did stick out the entire year....well, now our school is starting something new where the kids that screwed up can have another chance!!!  She can do online classed for those classes she screwed up on and would be able to graduate!!  I was thrilled to hear this and so was she which I was happy about. She can even use those grades she gets to apply at colleges next year. This is just SO important for her to do because otherwise she will be working a crap job all her life! I don't want that for her.  I want more~! She has really changed a lot these past few months...she was never a BAD kid EVER but she just got mixed up with the wrong people.  Guys along with all their friends (druggies I called them) who thought they could use her for her car, for the little money she did make, and to have a very pretty girl on their arm! I mean what mother would not be scared!  I love my daughter to death but SHE (below) gave me most of my Grey hair today!!! 



 Oh, I can tell you this...there are times I wanted to...well, can't say here cuz It's NOT a nice thing!  lol  I'm SOOO happy she got rid of them and wised up!  Her new "crowd" she hangs with now are MUCH better.  I seriously was REALLY scared for her!  These guys were scary...even this guys mother who had to come and live here from Milwaukee with her sons friends because she was just as bad...was clinging to Alex.  This women was in her 40's!!  WHY in the world is she hanging with 18 yr old girls!?
Well I think I'm done ranting for today...don't know why i got into all that lol  I hope you all are doing well and if your traveling please be careful on those roads!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH, honey, I know what you are talking about!!!  I don't have kids of my own, but I am raising my bro and sis...and my sis is finally 18, not that that means anything!  She TOTALLY screwed up her senior year, too....but we don't have anything like that here!  Gosh I wish we did!  She is just going to have to go get her GED...

Congrats on your daughter gettting her act together....I know how hard it is for US when they don't!

Good luck, hon!

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear things are going well for you beautiful daughter.  She obviously has a good personality and people of all sorts are drawn to her.  That's great that she can finish her high school and get her diploma.   Linda in cold & frosty Washington state

Anonymous said...

so there's hope for my son then?? Thank god!  ;-)
your daughter is a beauty by the way!
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Our school district does that now.  I'm so glad your daughter will be able to make up her credits and graduate.
Missie

Anonymous said...

does your daughter have a journal? if so gifve it to me