Saturday, March 15, 2008

About the dating

    I wanted to quick add while I'm waiting for my slow poke hubby to get ready to leave...that I really appreciate all the comments I got in my dating entry.  I did take Mel off as a reader to my  journal because I really needed to talk about this and I didn't want to upset her more then she is already.  I guess a friend of Stefan's said that she was crying uncontrollably in school...so hard that he thought she and Stefan broke up!  She was that upset by what happened then night before.  I think this will be WAY easier on Stefan then it is on her because we all know girls have WAY stronger hormone levels then boys!  lol Oh I know this so well when dealing with Alex and her "boy friends" that we would not allow her to see. 
Right now Mel hates her parents which is normal I think.  She told Stefan that she would not listen to her mother and she want's to see him anyway...I had a long talk with Stefan and told him since he was the older, stronger one of the relationship he's going to have to make the choice for her and hang back and just be friends until her parents allow her to date. I mean this could mean a record for him if her dad got nasty which I believe he has the capability of doing from what Mel tells us.   I totally understand her parents view and I think I would do the same thing to a point...I would want to meet the boy and see what he was like tho.  But then maybe tell her...ok here is the deal...you guys be friends now and when you are 16 you can start dating WITH friends...not alone.  That way they are not so devastated and depressed! We all know what a depressed teen age girl is like!!!  OH Man!  I know I do for sure!  SOOO there ya have it...OH and someone told me about a show on 20/20 lol we were waiting for it and found out becasue of basketball it will air tonight at 11:30pm  you will bet your bottom dollar I will be watching...I also sent a message to Mels mom to watch it ;) Maybe we will all learn something.  I am making Stefan watch it too.  SO thanks for that info!!! 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This entry sounds logical to me. Better Stefan be safe than sorry. Good idea to remove her from your list of readers. I hope they can still be friends. Helen

Anonymous said...

Teenagers! I have one through In her room! At last I have some peace.  Girls and their hormones! I hope It all works out. Love Pam xx

Anonymous said...

Okay I'm lost and will have to read backwards that's what I get for being MIA, but I'm guessing the girl's parents don't want her dating and don't want her with Stefan because he's older and DRIVES. LOL to a parent of a daughter that is the scariest thing a parent can find out. He's been labeled all he wants is sex I'm sure. I know I'm guilty of having said that a few times, but I'm like you I want to meet them first and talk to them then make a decision. Sorry everyone is upset.
Take care, Chrissie
http://journals.aol.com/nay0114/almost-paradise-ii/

Anonymous said...

Goodness..the things us moms go thru with these teenagers....my son, 15, just had his first break up and it almost did ME in watching him in pain but he bounced back quick.....i hate that she is so upset and i can surely relate to that too.
HUGS, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Well you've done the right thing I guess now you just let him make up his mind and see what happens xx  Hope the programme was useful

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife