Wednesday, March 12, 2008

House full of sicko's coming up! &Lil Rant

Ok first I have a correction and I'm really surprised my niece didn't catch it! LOL  On my last meme I put that I was 38 and my friend corrected me!  I'M 39! Oh geez I really thought I was 38 and had to figure it out lol!  I felt like a 2nd grader trying to count on my fingers.  Oh man, she has to be wrong!  I wonder if my sidebar age is right...I know I just upped it a year but was I 37 last year on it? lol  Oh man, I must be getting old!  How depressing.
Anyway, Stefan was sick yesterday...had a fever and chills and cough and all that.  Today he doesn't feel that great but he's going to school I guess.  He also has a neurology apt today and I hope everything goes well with that!  They are just making sure there isn't a tumor that is causing his dizziness/headaches.  More dizziness then headaches tho. I kind of feel sick to my stomach because of that apt to be honest!

I'm not sick YET!  I don't feel 100% but I don't have a fever or anything yet.  I have not gotten the flu shot this year. I have a feeling I'm going to be wishing I had!  Stefan and Nick got it for sure...maybe that's why this is only lasting a day with them?  I'm not even sure if Cory had it or not.  By the way, Cory got home last night.  He got a ride home which I was happy about because I could finish watching American Idol.

 He also brought home an application for DVR (Department of Workforce Development)services! This is where they help kids with disabilities (my son is deaf) to find jobs of their liking and make sure they work with the employer so these kids can keep their jobs.  Now this is where my rant comes in...I am wondering WHY we have not been informed of this service when he turned 14 (since this is legal working age).  The business trip he went on Mon and Tue...he went with a coworker who's wife happened to be the woman who hires these kids and helps them find good jobs. He asked Cory if Stefan had ever been referred to his wife?  Of course the answer was NO because we had no idea this even existed.  And it's not like I have not searched the web for help for him...I had...maybe I overlooked it but I never seen anything of the sort.  I mean...Stefan has been wanting to get a job last year already and we just didn't know what to do about it.  I wanted him to concentrate on school work and be sure he keeps his good grades up because he's going to need that to get into a good college.  Although there are not many deaf colleges and I believe that they take most of the deaf students anyway...but hey...maybe he will go to a hearing college with an interpreter.  Who knows.  I'm just angry that the school hadn't referred us to these guys years ago. Her thought was...because he's getting very good grades they prob thought he will be going on to college and then they don't see the need.  Well some kids like to work during the summer for extra money...and with gas only going up he will NEED that extra money!

OK well, I'm done ranting now and I have to go  eat I'm starving for some reason this morning lol  I hope everyone is having a great day and I will come update after we get back from his apt. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope the appointment goes well. The unknown is always scary.  I hope everything checks out well and they find a simple solution to his dizziness.

have a great day!

janis

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad. When my daughter was born I put my wrong age on the hospital papers and didn't notice the difference until an insurance friend filled out some papers for her some insurance. I hope Stefan's test shows something minor that can be corrected. Good luck on him find some sort of job that will suit him. Helen

Anonymous said...

Good luck with his appt.  Will be saying a prayer for him.
Missie

Anonymous said...

I will say a prayer that the appointment goes well and things get better for him.  Please let me know how things go.  
be blessed,
Dondie

Anonymous said...

LOL I did catch it and was going to say something but then got up to deal with the boys fighting and forgot too. I know how your memory is. LOL

Anonymous said...

1st I hope Stefan's appt goes well. As far as DVR... I had help going to college because of them and I guess I assumed you knew about it. Sorry. :(

Ah age... I forget how old I am sometimes too. :)

Love ya
Kallie

Anonymous said...

I'm not surprised your having a rant - you go girl ;-)  How come you didn't know that was available ~ personally I've never heard of it but then why would I have??  lol.........such a big help me!!  Oh no at the age thing!!  I hate it when that happens ;-)  Hope the appointment went well xx

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Gosh I hope Stefan is okay and you guys find out what's happening. I hate waiting. LOL I have to think about how old I am too. Does that mean we stopped counting birthdays on the last date we remember? Be happy when I was your age I was gonna be a grandma. That should make you feel really YOUNG.
Take care, Chrissie
http://journals.aol.com/nay0114/almost-paradise-ii/

Anonymous said...

hey i will be 40 in May so who is the old one?! LOL

I hope Stefan is better by now....i am behind in reading. Good luck with the DVR
job!
HUGS, lisa