Thursday, March 20, 2008

A few things I forgot to mention

Ok one thing...can't tell ya how I forgot to mention this but I guess I'm really depressed about spring and wanting warmer weather lol.  But I think I broke my thumb...not sure if it's actually broken...I really don't think so but it hurts like nobody's business!

Here is how that happened:  I went to let the dogs out... was mad to begin with because I asked hubby to do it (I do it almost ALL the time) and he didn't want to but he said he would call Alex and have her do it...well, by that time our pom would have peed on the floor so I just said I would do it!  
Anyway, while they went and did their thing I switched laundry and then went to let them in.  WELL, our stupid BIG Boxer decided I wasn't being fast enough (it's 15 degrees out there boohoo) and while I was reaching for the door he comes CRASHING full barrel jumping at the door like he always does!  Well it was not all the way latched so the door SWUNG open at 50 MPH... SERIOUSLY!  And it jarred my thumb straight on!  Can anyone say OUCH!  OH I was in major pain.  THEN after saying a few choice words at the dog..(I can't slap him...he didn't know he was braking my thumb lol) I see hubby out in the garage!  OH I was mad!  I said...IN TEARS "WHAT ARE YOU DOING DOWN HERE"!!?  LOL  He looks at me like 'what the hell'!  I'm not ever like that and don't yell at him much at all lol especially not like that...heck I was surprised I said it! Well, for one I was in MAJOR pain, for another he scared the shit out of me...I didn't expect to see a man standing in my garage, and for another he just got done saying he didn't WANT to come down to let the dogs out...well I figure if he had come down in the first place I would NOT be in pain! And who knows...it was probably HIM who didn't latch the door..I usually make sure it's shut tight cuz I KNOW Max does that!   Well, he came down to look for his phone in the van while I was in the laundry room  and that's why he was down there.  GRRR  Oh well, I apologized to him and were all good now.

On to the next...remember when I told you that my daughter moved out of that house because of drugs and stuff and moved back home?  Well, she went over to see if her taxes had come in that address and noticed that EVERYONE was out now andthe house was a complete disaster AND the biggest discust!! They left FIVE cats there with NO FOOD OR WATER!  Oh she was mad.  She gave the cats water and my  MIL donated a bag of food that she put out for them and she is now trying to find out the landlords name so she can contact him to let him know those cat are in there.  If nothing changes by next week she is going to take them all to the pound and turn in that girl for animal abandonment.  That is just cruel!  She KNEW she could have called Alex and she would have come taken them and brought them to the pound.  The cats were there prob over a week and they were looking thin.  Alex said she thought one of the smaller ones was dead...the could not find her and she is always the first one down for food.  Poor babies!  Those people should have to live without food or water for a week to see how they enjoy it!  GRRR some people! 

Ok..tomorrow I am planning on making my "Bless U Cashew chicken" so come check out my kitchen journal for the recipe tomorrow afternoon :)  I'm taking pics too of course.  I think thats all I forgot to mention today. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry that you and Max hurt your finger. That is so sad what those people did to those cats. They were just going to let them die. Good thing your daughter went over there. They should be reported to the authorities anyway for doing that.

Anonymous said...

I think I'm all caught up with you now!! Holy Cow girl....you have had an exciting life while I was gone, and then sick!!!! How is the situation with Stefan & Mel going? I was worried when I read all of that and believe you me.....you are 100% right with everything you said & did!
How nice is it to have Alex around more? YEAH for you!!!!!! That story about the cats was horrible, how can people treat animals that way? I'm glad she was there to save them! Speaking of cats...I loved your pictures and the precious video, CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!! Oh, and can I have a snack drawer at your house? :)

Sorry about your thumb....ouchie!!!!!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

OUCH!!
Missie

Anonymous said...

Dang girl... I hope you're okay. I'm catching up with you right now while Kyan is having a N-A-P lol.
You can't break your hands who is gonna cook?
Man, I hope your daughter does turn them in. Why doesn't she put a change of address in at the post office? They have an IRS form you can get off the net to send to them to change your address. She should have had the payment sent to your house.. my kids do that just so they don't have to go looking for their refunds or they have them sent straight to the checking account which is my fav thing to do then you don't have to go searching for it. Hope she gets her mail and they didn't do something with it.
Take care and Hugs, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

your chicken sounds good..cute name! OMG, men! I had to smile as i read about the thumb mishap.....ouch!
XO lj