Sunday, March 9, 2008

The last few days.

It's been a couple days since I updated.  I have been busy cleaning and doing laundry.  Trying to get everything set because Cory is leaving for a few days for business.  I will be driving him to town by 11 this morning and him and another guy will drive out with the company car.  At least I get to keep mine! 
Not really a whole lot going on.  My daughter got a job and they called her in yesterday to waitress without even being trained in yet because they had no one else.  She of course went and got some pretty good tips.  She handed some money over to us and then she went out to see a band.  The three or four guys in the band are from her high school and they are doing really good in the music business I guess and they have really been getting a lot of "GIGS".

I got some pics and a video to show you.  Funny thing happened yesterday and here it is:



NO this is NOT our dog! And NOOO we are not keeping him!!!! LOL He ran into the house when my daughter was trying to leave (it's cold outside, I don't blame  him!)  He has adopted us. I had never seen him before but Alex says its the neighbors new dog. I tried calling her to make sure before we send him off on his own out in the bitter temps but she was not home.   I will try her again today.  The dog hung out with us all day and  plays fetch and gives his paw.  Obviously someone has taken some time to train him. The best thing is...no messes in the house!  He is obviously housebroken too :)He's a very nice and gentle dog. I got a video of him and Max  playing. Nic has named him Bandit since he looks like the "Little House on the Prairie" Bandit. 
Nic has been playing cars in the living room so it's a living room FULL of toys! So don't look at the mess when  you see the video! lol That video will be at the end of this entry.

Here are a couple other pictures: Stefan is cleaning...throwing things from the floor to the couch is cleaning I guess...OH  notice most of my curtains are UP...well Mr. Jack things he wants to climb them lately! 



Nic is contemplating his mess making skills very soon! He has a pretty good start on it.



Nope not yet..his show came on. 



Max if very tired after his work out with Bandit.



Stefan was trying to put him back outside but he ran to me for protection.




He  helps himself to a little dinner before going back out in the freezing temps.



In other news...Stefan has a new girlfriend.  She is on the dance team at his school.  She is only a Freshman and Stefan is a JR but I remember being that young and wanting to date the older guys...for one, they were more mature, and for another THEY could drive! lol  So when I was a freshman I dated a senior. There are a few girls very upset with him for dating her but I told him...he has to do what's in his heart or he won't be happy. He said at first he didn't think he was ever going to date her but then after they spent time together he really got to see who she was.  He said she treated him nice and was fun to be around and talk to.  AND she's not scared of his deafness.  She is hearing and knows NO sign but is learning now. I give her SO much credit for not seeing Stefan's deafness as something that could hinder their relationship. Her parents are not fond of Stefan because of his age...what they don't know is that they have nothing to worry about when it comes to her and Stefan!  Stefan is not some sex maniac or someone who will treat her badly. I trust him to make good choices and I know he will. He has NEVER given me a reason not to trust him.  I hate when people get judged because of their age but... I have to say...I DID IT TOO!  With my daughter...although if my daughter dated someone like Stefan I wouldn't have worried so much! OK now I know I sound conceited lol but if you knew Stefan  you would know why I say these things. My niece Heather can tell ya!  Heather leave a comment will ya ;)  lol My daughter seemed to pick the ones who had trouble written all over them. She likes the "bad boy" sort of speak. 
In the pic below she is on some sort of trip to New York with the school I think.
 Here she is, she is a beautiful girl...



OK here is the video!  Hope you all have a great day! 





 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kyan loved the dogs and Nic. He was yelling with Nic it was cute. Then he was just laughing and laughing. When Nic got under the storage box he started laughing because he does the same thing.
Don't worry to much about the girl's parents not liking Stefan. Right now all they see is some older guy dating their daughter. Two years is not really a big deal, but when your a parent of a freshman daughter the first thing you think is WHY does this older guy that can drive wanna see my daughter and of course first thought is she's young, dumb and he can talk her into anything meaning sex. I think once her family gets to know him they'll end up really liking him. So it's not really anything against Stefan just guys in general and thats coming from the mom of two girls and we've had both good guys and bad guys in the picture.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

she is really pretty and i just hope they bring each other some happiness....with these teens it is a heartbreaker when they break up or things go wrong. Cute neighbor dog..nice video too!
Glad your daughter gave you some cash.
HUGS, lisa

Anonymous said...

Great pics and how sweet of that dog to adopt you xx  Stefan sounds lovely and I'm sure that girls parents will realise that at some point.  Mind you they might be of the rule that no-one is good enough for their precious.  Glad your ok xx

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

The dogs get along so well!  Are you sure you don't want another one? LOL
Missie

Anonymous said...

I hope Stefan's new friend works out for him. That dog was so glad to get inside out of the cold. Max had a great playmate for a while. I got so sorry for a new  neighbors new Jack Russell dog who slept out in the cold on the ground in the 24º weather Sat. night. She was curled up in a little wad. I thinnk shecould actually sleep on a back porch but the floor is cement and you know how cold that is. No bed I don't suppose. Why do peole get animals if they are not going to take care of them. I have worried about that dog ever since they got her. She wants love and attention so much. Licking Ken's my hands when we try petting her through the fence. We never see them outside showing her any attention. Makes me want to cry for her. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

Now that is just plain good fun going on there! Made me smile, thanks :) New girlfriend huh...what happened to the other one? Did I miss something? Or were they just friends? hugs, kelly