Wednesday, March 5, 2008

hello ~:-)

Well today so far is a boring day! lol  We decided to have french toast for breakfast today since I FORGOT to take out the meat yesterday from the freezer!  So this was the first time in a long time we had an actual breakfast for breakfast.  Felt weird and we do enjoy having dinner more.  I got the meat out now!  lol

There is a really nice tribute to Brett Farve over at my friends journal.  Check it out! 

Well i have some news for you all.  My daughter has moved back in with us.  I don't know for how long but I do know why.  They allowed an old friend of hers to move in...this friend recently broke up with her "loser" boyfriend so Alex thought she would be ok.  Well, turns out that she brought drugs to the house and now everyone is doing them.  Alex didn't want to be any part of it so she asked if she could move back in.  I don't know how many times I've told her...she didn't need to ask because she always has a place here no matter what. That is what family is for and I won't be changing my mind on that ever.  She will have to pay her way here...either by paying rent or by being my housekeeper (dishes and laundry) :-o  NICE RIGHT??  But it's her choice which one she would rather do.  It's going to cost us extra now to have her shower here and eat here.  And a little more on electricity cuz the girl seems to stay up all night and sleep all day!  She got used to having a late job and never got out of that habit.

So anyway, Alex took the van last night and got the rest of her stuff and now her room is a mess again!  RIGHT AT HOME! lol I got to love her clean room :(  No more though!  When it comes to her room... clean is no more now that she lives here again.

Onto some other stuff...I had a really bad day yesterday after I heard the news about Brett.  I really didn't think it would bother me but it just sucks! At least I didn't cry like a lot of fans did when they were interviewing fans on the news! That's a little TOO obsessive! I'm going to miss watching him play on Sundays next season though. I guess it was just such a surprise. I was more prepared for it last year! lol 

Well, I'm going to go update my recipe journal  and add my french toast. OH it's divine!  LOL If it's not there when you check...check later...I have to add all the pics so it may take me a few minutes. :)  I hope everyone has a wonderful day today!!!


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am proud of Alex for coming home....she made a WISE WISE decision to not be a party to the drugs!
Have a happy day.
XO lj

Anonymous said...

Have a good day!
Missie

Anonymous said...

That is GREAT that she is coming back home and not getting into the drug thing. I hope everything works out for all of you. Helen

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your girl has a good head on her shoulders.  It's good that she doesn't want to be any part of the drug scene.

Anonymous said...

I know you have to be proud of her for not wanting to be around the drugs. I love french toast. Haven't had it in a long time.   Sounds like something to have tonight. yummers!
Have a great day,
Dondie

Anonymous said...

good for her!  I have told my children as our parents have told us...and have demonstrated even grown with children of our own...they ALWAYS have a place to stay with us...ALWAYS...

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Can you believe about Brett?  Makes me so sad that my daughter will never get to see him play in person - or my husband.  I was going to try and get a game this year but not sure if it is worth a sacrifice at this point. I am sure they will be doing a game honoring him this year at some point but am sure the tickets for that will be sky high! :)   (At least my signed football, jersey, and photos will increase in value!) lol

HOpe you have a good day. Should be interesting to have your daughter back. :)  Hope it all works out--sounds like a smart girl getting out of that situation....Good for her!

Have a great day

janis

Anonymous said...

Hey see Igot here finally ..so pleased to read your daughter decided to come home rather than join the drugs set ,good for her ,....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie ~ thank you for visiting my journal :o)  Glad your daughter got out of there and didn't cave into taking drugs.  You must ve so relieved!!  That receipe journal is cool :o)  I must try out some of the receipe's there.

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Hiya Carrie. I would be so pleased that my daughter was well out of that situation too! I just saw pictures of your cats!! Awww. How gorgeous are those two?. A couple of absolute beauties. Love Pam xx   http://journals.aol.co.uk/pamal3/almost-40/

Anonymous said...

Well you must have raised a smart lady to get out of there with all that mess going on. She may be messy, but she is smart. :)

Anonymous said...

you raised her well, glad she had the sense to steer clear of that...and glad she has a safe place to fall back on :)

LOL.  I cried and threw things across the living room when the colts lost in the playoffs.  It hits you more than you think it will.  Then I had to apologize for teasing Chris all those times his eagles came THAT close to winning.

have a good one~
~Bernadette