Monday, March 10, 2008

Update on Nic

I'm working on fixing my pictures on myside bar...come back later to see if they worked. 

Nic is doing fine right now...he had a high fever all night and i was so scared for him.  He was just shivering even under three blankets!  He slept with me since Cory wasn't home.  I stayed away all night listening for him...he would wake up every 1/2 hour and just cry and say owww oww!  Poor baby!  I didn't have any tylonol so I was giving him the generic Ibuprofen and that didn't help him at all.  Took his fever from 102.5 to 102 that's it!  So my daughter was nice enough to go to the gas station at 6 this morning to get him some tylonol.  By 7:30 he was good to go.  He has not stopped playing since!  It's after 2 pm now and he's still ok.  although he did come to me just now and say his head is starting to hurt.  I gave him some more tylonol. 

We had two accidents last night...our dog peed on our couch!!  I had to take that all apart and wash the cousin and the covering on that!  Stefan was making him stay on the couch and he wanted to get off...so he peed there!  GRRR  
Then after we went to bed Nic peed on my bed!!  SO I had to wake him up sick and all...lay him on the couch and clean my bed up.  I flipped the mattress over and took care of the rest in the am!  It was 3am and I was not going to get the noisy cleaner out.  I had to have my daughter help me flip the mattress over so we could go back to bed.  That was not an easy job! We have a huge king size mattress that is double thick almost!  It was heavy!  It got stuck on the light and then my daughter climbed up on the bed and got it unstuck and then I pushed it over ON TOP OF HER! lol  She went flying everything on my stand went flying...oh it was a big mess!  We couldn't help but laugh! I finally got one hour of sleep after 6am!  By 7:30 Nic was wide awake wanting to play on the computer.  I...half awake said OK HUN just so happy he was feeling better.  It was hard peeling myself from my comfy bed after I had JUST gotten to sleep!  I did get this cute picture yesterday of Nic and Stefan.  Nic was feeling a little better after he threw up and then wanted to watch Stefan play bowling.  Shortly after this he got sick again...he did not throw up anymore so it makes me think it's just the cold flu not the stomach flu at least.  OH how i hate the stomach flu!  We did take a bucket to bed with us just in case though! lol  Nic did decide he wanted a hair cut cuz i gave daddy one (another way to save money for us) so I cut his hair right after this picture.


 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry that Nic was feeling so bad. I hope he stays fine from now on. Man, you had a time of cleaning up pee. I hope it doesn't happen again. Helen

Anonymous said...

Hope he is better soon. Bekah had a high temp all weekend so was stuck at home :( But today she is feeling better and shows no sign of a temp. Praise God! :)

She had the stomach flu a few weeks ago....Blech--that wasn't fun. A 1 year old isn't good about getting it into a bucket! :)

Have a great day and hope you get good sleep tonight.

Janis

Anonymous said...

There Is nothing worse than dealing with accidents in the middle of the night! I had to laugh at the matress as I have been there and knocked stuff down and trapped my wee treasure and we both laughed!! I hope Nic gets better soon. Love Pam xx

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor Nic hope he is better.  They bounds back fast.  Hope you can get some rest.

debbie

Anonymous said...

Poor baby... must be haircut time Kyan got one yesterday. Love the pic. Hope Nic gets better soon. Glad you didn't kill your daughter with the mattress LOL sounds like something that would happen here. Get some rest.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Glad Nic is feeling better ~ what a nightmare you've had with everyone peeing everywhere!!

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

oh boy, what a night....dog pees, Nic pees..and fever! I hope by now you have had some rest and Nic is feeling LOTS better!
XO lj