Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Catching up again!

Well it's been a busy last few days.  Cory took a few vacation days and we watched a few movies and made lots of bread lol.  I will start from where we left off last entry:

Sunday we had fun counting grapes and getting all our meats separated and ready for our meals.







We got Nic's  snack drawer all nice and full again after our shopping day yesterday. He is allowed to pick his own snack twice a day during snack time from this drawer. OR the fruit basket...he usually picks from the drawer.  I did forget to buy string cheese...so those are usually in here too. He wasn't happy with me because of course he wanted THAT for snack time. 



 And of course Nic played Nickjr on the computer. 




I have some cute pics of the cats together...you hardly ever see these two cats alone!  It's just SOO cute!  I have a video too which I will add at the end of the entry...check that out. 









LOOK Aspen is sticking his tongue out at Jack ! LOL  I loved this picture.



Sunday night we had Awards night for my son's wrestling team.  Unfortunately he doesn't get a State plaque because his doctors told me to wait on wrestling until they know more from the MRI and so he wasn't able to be put on the name rouster to wrestle on the team at State :(  He was upset but he did get a metal (key chain) and two t-shirts and of course his third letter of his wrestling high school career.  He's lettered Freshman, Sophomore, and now Junior years of high school. I am SOOO proud of him!  I have not taken pictures yet but I will.  I have not seen my son in the last few days because he stayed at his friends house. I did however take other pictures which will show up along the entry today. 

So anyway, the awards meeting lasted from 5:30 to 9:30...it was a LONG night for both us and Nic!  He at one point had to be taken to the car for a time out.  He was just getting tired and not behaving well at all.  When we got home we went right to bed. 

Monday cory took a vacation day and we just hung out at home and tried out some different recipe's on our bread.  We made honey oat and it was GOOD!  It was the same as our recipe in Cory and Carries kitchen but with a few minor changes and I will update that recipe on there later on this week.  OH this was good!  Here are a few pics of how it turned out.  We also brushed honey on top of the loaf and added some rolled oats on top.






Stefan and I have had this HORRIBLE cold with this HORRIBLE cough that won't seem to go away.  All we have lingering now is that cough.  It hurts and I think I mentioned before how it feels like I just did a million sit ups in a row!  And my son's head hurts every time he coughs which is like every 30 seconds! I can't sleep at night because even with cough syrup I still wake up every hour with cough attack! And I hear Stefan downstairs doing the same.  Poor kid! 

We watched some movies today too which I will add reviews for later in the entry. Gosh I remember not long ago when I would dread Cory staying home from work! lol  I honestly did...but now I WANT him to stay home with me.  We do have a lot of fun together now that were older and I just love having him around now.  It makes me happy because I won't be afraid of his retirement now ;) lol
Heather knows how much I hated having him stay home ;)  SHHH we won't tell HIM this!  The point is...I love him being home now.  And I think I know when that started...My neice Heather and I spent A LOT of time together when she was younger...I mean ALOT.  And when she started having babies and didn't come around as often I felt sad :(  BOO HOO  and I missed her coming around.  Then I guess I turned to Cory to take her place.  But Heather...you can still come around if you want to! Heather has a journal here BUT never write in it anymore...she's been pretty busy with three lil beautiful crazy babies. And by the way I found her the perfect man and it took FOREVER to talk her into going on a date with him but she finally did and now they are hopelessly in love! And together they have three kids :)  lol This happened all very quickly so I guess I was right and the chemistry was there.  This man was so in love with her from the first moment I introduced them!  It was just so cute!~ I will have to share that story later...anyways...
I do go to heathers house a lot with Nic and I hope that her kids and Nic will be very close and have tons of fun together.  Heather if spring ever gets here we will have to plan a trip out every other week...to a play land or something kk??  Ok whew...i kind of got of the subject there for a bit! lol  Lets move on to Tuesday...
Cory went to work and I went into town with him because Stefan had his MRI early TUE morning.  He had slept at Trev's house so he was already in town. I just met him at the hospital.  It was HORRID going into town. We had freezing rain for hours.  There were people in the ditch all over and a bad accident on the bridge but of couse we live in Wisconsin so they didn't cancel school..now way no how.  Only if there is 2 inces of ice on the road or 15 feet of snow! I swear!~  It's a wonder they haven't gotten sued yet! 

His MRI was quick...well after they stopped him from coughing first that is. lol Everyone moved away from us coughing fools!  It was quite funny.  I would to though if I were them! 

After the MRI Stefan went back to school and I went home to pick up Nic...he stayed with Grandma and her friend Pat.  He got to watch cable so he was thrilled to go to grandma's house.  When Cory got home we decided to go to the Organic store in Antigo because I called and they  had the Dried red bell peppers there I have been looking for forever! It's the last ingredient needed to make my "Bless U cashew chicken meal"!  It's an awesome meal and I will be sure to share it in my kitchen journal when we make it!  We also picked up some organic wheat flour and we made wheat bread when we got home! It was very good!  Turned out perfect! 






We watched another movie after Nic went to bed and then we went to bed.  I woke up...not even kidding...every 1/2 hour with a coughing fit!  Oh I am SOOO Sick of this cough! I coughed so much I woke up Nic and he came climbing in our bed at 4am.   Cory took part of a vacation day this morning just so I could sleep a little.  I just could not keep my eyes open at all! I just got up at 10 becasue I was still not sleeping anyhow!  This cough has GOT to go I tell ya! 

Later this morning Nic and I finally got to enjoy some outdoor time.  IT WAS CLOSE TO 40!  Yippee!  Here is Nic on our patio enjoying his toys and the sun is just shining beautifully.  Snows finally melting some off the roof.  We still got  about 5-10 inches out there on the ground tho.  It's a real big mess down our driveway right now! 



Ok now for the movie reviews:

Awake:  I may have added this before..not sure. But anyway this wasJessica Alba's new film and we really enjoyed it.  It really makes  you scared to ever have surgery tho! The man who has to have a heart transplant is AWAKE for the surgery but the surgeons do not know this.  The meds made him unable to move but he felt everything! Much more to the movie then only this but I don't want to ruin it for you.    I give this movie 2 thumbs up!

The hottest State:  Umm this is a 2 thumbs down. We didn't like it and didn't finish watching it.  I would not recommend this one. Simply uninteresting to us.

30 Days of Night:
NOw this was a GREAT movie.  A little scary but not to bad.  Just had a really good story line to it.  It's not anything that would happen realistically but we loved it. This revolves around a small town  called
Barrow, Alaska. Its on the Arctic circle, and is  preparing for its annual "30 days of night," a period during the winter when the sun will not be seen. People who don't want to suffer the extended darkness leave for Fairbanks or other parts south. As the town gets ready, The Stranger (Ben Foster), rows ashore from a larger ship, then trudges towards Barrow. Once he arrives, he sets about sabotaging the town. He steals and destroys all the cell phones, destroys the town's only helicopter and kills all of the dogs.  His "gang of vampires" then terrorize the town.  Two thumbs up from both hubby and I.  Keeps you on the edge of your seat that's for sure! 

Invasion: With Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig.  When something terrifying comes to earth and attacks us while we sleep and turns them into soulless replicants.  Nicole kidman plays Carol who is a psychiatrist and begins to see how people are changing around her and the only way to stay alive is to stay awake.  Very good movie and also gets a 2 thumbs up! 

Ok now here is the video:




BOY THIS ENTRY TOOK ME FOREVER TO DO! LOL I DID COPY IT JUST IN CASE!!  

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a good night!  Your bread always looks so darn good!
Missie

Anonymous said...

I loved the Pics and especially loved the one with Aspen sticking out his tongue! lol. Great video too. What a magic pair. I hope you all feel better soon and get rid of that horrible nasty cough. Love Pam xx

Anonymous said...

Yummy snacks!!  I did that yesterday with Tommy's snacks.  He picked out a few he wanted; strawberries, bananas, grapes and string cheese.  I worked all week with him on his speech and direction.  We've had a few terrible two tempter fits from my sweet three year old baby!  It is so different when they are your grandchild, I cry when I have to punish him.  He throw a rock at the new HDTV yesterday....no, nap.

debbie

Anonymous said...

I know the movie awake's previews started coming out the day after my surgery.  Thank God it wasn't before.

Anonymous said...

LOL  Don't be sad you can still call me.  Its probably a good thing because now you enjoy having corny home, which is good when he retires. Now I just need to like having jimmy home. LOL just kidding!

Anonymous said...

Notice how I put corny in my last comment instead of cory. I was cracking up so hard about that. I am over tired, off to bed now.lol

Anonymous said...

Nice to see Nic outside for a change to bad his little cheeks are all red and cold. Love the snack drawer. Kyan uses my drawer in the fridge for his stuff too. Plus it keeps everyone else out of HIS goodies. Take bread just looks awesome. I can't even imagine the smell of it through the house. I wish you could vapor seal me some and mail it to me. I wonder IF those machines really work. Have you ever tried them?
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

where can i get that chicken recipe? It sounds awesome. I bet you are the best cook around....i swear you could sell your bread too! It looks so yummy.
hugs, lisa