Tuesday, April 8, 2008

April snow brings May flowers?

I think the right way to say that is April SHOWERS bring May flowers...but unfortunately that isn't what is going to happen tonight.  Were expecting about 7 inches of snow...if were lucky it will be 4-6 inches!  Some sleet mixture, freezing rain in there earlier this afternoon and all snow by midnight.  Should be a fun fun drive for school/work tomorrow for the guys. 

OK so this morning I made dinner...Fish covered in shore lunch coating, green beans, and mashed potatoes. Fed the boys first since they have to leave for school/ work.  My  husband says.  "hun, try your fish".  Now he said it so calmly I didn't think anything of it, so I grabbed my fork and took a big hunk and stuck it in my  mouth.  UM YUK!!!!  Tasted like...gosh I don't even know what.  FISH! LOL  I mean REALLY FISHY!  I had to spit it out. I felt bad because now they have to leave without any protein.  Stefan did eat peanut butter and green beans so that wasn't to bad.   I'm not sure what happened with the fish...my MIL bought it from a truck guy who sells steaks and stuff.  We bought from them before and it was fine.  I left it out to thaw for a few days...could that have done it?  Who knows!  It was bad!  All of went in the garbage...what a waste!  Tomorrow will be Lasagna (pioneer women style)

On with the entry...

Here is a picture of how well our snow had been melting over the last few days when we did reach 55-60 degrees! You can even still see the word "LOVE" that my son shoveled in the yard after one of our other big snow falls.  lol  I will take pictures after our snow fall and let you see that one ;) later tomorrow. 






Then I took a picture of Nic and he wanted more taken...then he wanted one with all the animals.  Cubby was outside so we didn't get him.  I'm sure he will get one when he comes in.





This Picture was cute...if you have been reading my journal for a while you all know that my dogs have a certain spot on the couch that they lay every single day...well, this is Max's spot and no matter whats in his way he will lay there!  Nic tried making it so Max would not lay there so he layered it with cushions from the other side of the couch. AND he hooked his leash to him thinking he could "hold" him back...umm no that didn't work... Max found a way.....



Here is our newest "no were not keeping him" kitten.  LOL  He's ten pounds now and just keeps growing!  Just turned 6 months old and is on his way this month to get neutered.  POOR THING!  Hope he doesn't take it like Max did! 





And of course "THE KING" Aspen lol  Who weighs in at about 20-25 lbs...he was 20 last time we went to the vet but I bet he's closer to 25 now. 




THEN while doing this entry I start smelling baby powder really really strong.  Look at Nic and he's peeking out from behind the couch and when he seen me looking at him he says "WHAT?"  lol ya what??  that means BAD things are happening in his bubble!  This is what I found when walking over there. 

First this area was covered with the white bucket...ya like i wouldn't see that later. lol



Then I see this which he had covered with the green blanket...the video laying there is a rented blockbuster video and it's filled INSIDE the cover!  So I have to dig that all out and clean it. 



Around the corner of the couch hidden I see the last area that was affected...that cup was in the process of being filled...sort of...when I caught him in the act! 

Now you see why I yell at "them" saying "I'm going to get rid of every last one of you"!  I told you he was an animal under cover!  LOL   Kids...gotta love um!!! 
Have a great day all!! Hope your weather isn't to shabby...I know there are a lot of you who are getting rain...but remember May flowers come after April showers :) 


 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd be so depressed if snow was coming here this time of year.  
Missie

Anonymous said...

Love the baby powder. We had a similar incident when mine were younger. he he he Emmi

Anonymous said...

the weather here is wonderful. right around 70 degrees.  Hope you can see spring soon...  The pictures of the baby powder everywhere had me laughing. He was trying to cover up his mess.  LOL
to cute :)
have a great day,
Dondie

Anonymous said...

Oh what fun he enjoyed all the snow ,so thought he'd have his own snow storm hee heee  boys ! Fish doesnt take long to defrost ! ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I couldnt stand it, the snow, even now in April? Man, that is rough. We are greening up nicely here, had to mow some yesterday. That is funny, kids know they arent supposed to be doing something and they go hide and do it anyway...lol. One time Shelby cut off all the mane and tales of her beautiful toy horses...she said she couldnt help herself once she started...lol. She was disappointed that they didnt grow that hair back. Hugs, Kelly

Anonymous said...

Ewww, I'll pass on the snow.  Nic is a sneaky little guy, isn't he?  Or maybe he just thought he was making snow.  After all, he sees so much of it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie,
Thank you for the informative comment on my AOL blog--"Old Soldier Tom's Journal."    My Blog is designed to help all combat Veterans deal and navigate the VA system, and I post about Agent Orange and PTSD, etc.
    I love YOUR blog with so many colorful pix all over.  I know where Wausau is--way the heck up in North Central WI ..lol !   I bet your have killer mosquitoes too.
I will tell my wife to check out your web site as she used to bred fancy cats-- and we have a noble Rottweiler that we are training as a service animal.
Bless you and your family.

Tom and Sharon Schuckman
Union Grove, WI  53182
tschuckman@aol.com

Anonymous said...

I do not envy you all that snow. We have had a beautiful day here today. I looked once and the temp outside was 75.5º. Dogwoods are blooming everywhere. In yards, in the woods. I love it. Nic sure keeps you on your toes. LOL. Great pictures. Helen

Anonymous said...

Oh honey, I'm so glad this is you and not me!! Every once in a while I wish Mandy was little again and then.....I see this and remember the time she got in the fridge and made a milk trail through the house, a full half gallon!!!! UGH!!! Little scamps, all of them. LOLOL :)

Good luck with your snow tonight, it was so cold here today I can hardly believe it's spring! I will keep my fingers crossed that you don't get as much (or any!) that is expected.

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

LMAO PIMP I am so glad I am not the only one w/ a boy like that. :) Gotta love them!

Here is a link to print a coupon for a free roll of film developing. I emailed it to you too.

http://www.walgreens.com/dmi/filmcoupon/default.html?ec=hn524s_getcoupon

Love ya
Kallie

Anonymous said...

Oh boy! He found the baby powder! Watch out! Is the bad fish outside? I hope so because it will stink up the house if the trash is left in the house. Nic is such a cutie!
HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Those baby powder pics remind me of a funny story my sister tells on her son when he was little.  She always knew when he was quiet, she better go check on him.  She said when she opened the door to his bedroom, he had the baby powder open and was on the bed jumping up and down and baby powder was going all over his room.  She said everything was white, even Wade.  All she could see was his blue eyes.  She said on the upside, the room smelled good for a really long time afterwards, lol.  Your little one is adorable as well as the fur babies.

Blessings!~

Susan

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness @ the baby powder all over the place, but I love the piccies :o)  Shame about your fish, I know nothing about fish so can't respond to that lol

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

LOL when I was little I took a bottle of powder and shook the whole thing in my mom's closet and poured it on all her heels and shoes. All her clothes were covered imagine that mess.
Thank goodness none of my kids played with powder, but Quinton the little boy Kait used to take care of got hold of a bottle at her house while she went to the bathroom mind you this ceiling fans were on all over the house. When she walked out Quinton and Kyan were having a great time in the powder flying everywhere. She was FOREVER cleaning powder out of appliances, stereo, furniture. I just laughed my head off because I didn't have to clean it.
Take care, Chrissie