Saturday, April 12, 2008

What did I see this morning?

Well I can tell you this...it was beautiful!  There were a few things I got to witness this morning.  I took pictures of them so you can see too :)




Of course I seen SNOW..... See the rock in the picture over to the right?  That is Bailey's resting spot...it is also Sheba's resting spot.  Sheba was my childhood dog she was afghan hound and retriever mix. Bailey and Sheba got to meed and I have an old video of them from back in the day...I want to share that! I will find a way.  I got Sheba when I was about 14 or so and she lived way into my marriage.  My inlaws adopted her after MUCH crying on my part because I could not give her up.  We were moving to an apt.  They fell in love with her and when she passed at the age of around 20 they had her cremated. It was a sad day for all of us.  So she is now with Bailey under the rock. 








Look what else I got the privilege to witness :) 



There were seriously like 50 of them on my porch at the same time! I have a video of them and a short one of the cats. 



Look who else was enjoying the attraction outside...Max was there too watching...you can see his brindling behind Aspen.  lol 





This was out Nic's bedroom window and this picture did not do it justice at all.  I wish you could see back deep into the woods like I did out the window. Awesome! 



I had a couple more pictures but for some reason I can't export them off my camera onto iphoto!  GRRR  I will keep trying and post them in my next entry.  Hope you all had a great day and if you got snow like I did last night I hope it looked like this! :) 

Here is the video of the birds and a few sec's of the cats. 



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I can see the snow through your camera lens and not my own.  Just looking at it makes me cold!  We're going to be in the 90's starting tomorrow - I bet I'll be wishing we had snow then! ~~Kath~~

Anonymous said...

Wow!  I can't believe that snow.   It's really pretty though.  
Here...it's cooler than yesterday, in the 60's and sunny.    If we got snow like that it would close us down for a month.
~Meg

Anonymous said...

That is a great story about your beloved pets. Beautiful pictures and I love the video. Did you know that those are actually called Snow Birds? We had some during the winter but guess they all went north when the warmer weather came in.
Bet they thought it was warm weather everywhere. Boy did they get fooled. Glad that you had some food out for them. Helen

Anonymous said...

hiya,
thanx for visiting my blog,            i like your snowy photos as well, my cat look at it ,looked at me then went back to bed.......
sue

Anonymous said...

these were great pictures of the snow!! its hard to believe since we have 90 degrees today :)

you look like you live in a really pretty place though

betty

Anonymous said...

What a lovely resting place for your beloved doggies! Gorgeous pics as always.
XO

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))What a beatiful story and a beatiful resting place.Did you grow up in the house you live in now?I cant belive you guys have snow.Thats amazing.You can cme and and stay with me and have some sunshin.     :)

Anonymous said...

HOW BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!  I want to be THERE!!!!  I did get to TASTE freshly fallen snow.... I love that!!!  I loved the video, the very end with the cats playing made me laugh!!!!  Thanks for the link, apparently i'm having 'aol' trouble putting your journal on my alerts.

Joann

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures and birds. Awwww Max is such a good boy he listened to Momma. They listen better than the kids. LOL the cats are funny gotta do something to make life interesting. It was awfully quiet around there where was little man at? To early for him.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Great pics of the birds and it looks like your cats were being very clever staying in the warmth to watch them lol.............Lovely pics though xx

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife