Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Want a challenge!??

See the challenge at the end ;)

Well It's way to early to be up! lol I'm making tater tot casserole this morning and I'm waiting on the oven to preheat.  Cory and I went to bed at 10:30 but didn't get to sleep until after 11:30.  We talked about the dumb chickens!  Were such nerds! 

Anyway this Thursday for "No Tech night" were going to build our brooder for the chickens and buy all our stuff...well we will prob buy all the stuff today.


Oh Stefan  went to his interview thing for Department of Vocational Rehabilitation (he's deaf) .  He just has to get some stuff in and they will begin the job search for him :)  He's pretty happy about that but nervous at the same time. He has had a summer job before so that helps. 
He's really excited about helping dad build a chicken house.  He has been aching for some "dad" time.  He really wants to go camping with his dad and his dad's friend and his son.  They had talked about it before and Stefan absolutely loves Cory's friend. He fits in great here with our crazy family.  He's a great guy and pretty comical too and his family is awesome too!

IT'S TIME FOR A CHALLENGE!!!  WHO'S WILLING TO JOIN ME?? 

Have you had this book laying around that you never get a chance to read?  Have you had some project just laying around that needs finishing?  Is there something in your house that needs fixing that you never get around to?  Well join us on Thursday for a "No Tech" night and get ur done!!  There IS something in it for you IF you join in THIS Thursday...OR if this Thursday doesn't work were doing it again on Monday.  It has to be this week ((thurs or Monday) I know Monday is actually considered NEXT week but this week it's THIS week! BLA!! LOL You know what I mean!)to qualify for the "something in it for you!" thingy. Leave me a comment below and let me add your name down :) There will be one lucky winner and how I will determine who is the winner you ask?  Well I'm going to put numbers in a hat 1- how ever many posts there is and let my son pick a number.  Who ever he picks is the lucky winner!  It's going to be great fun!  OH you also have to post something you got done, or did that was fun on NO TECH night.  LETS HAVE SOME FAMILY TIME!!!  ;)

HINT:
If you join us THIS THURS the "something in it for you" is a little nicer surprise ;)

BTW...yell out to all you know and have them come join for some well deserved family time. I will have to add them as a reader so just let me know their id in email. 


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ihave a 400 page book, that I am supposed to be reading for my book club which meets next WEdnesday!!!  YIKES!!!
Becky

Anonymous said...

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM......... Send some of that Tater Tot Cassarole this way I loveeeee TTC!!!!

~ Christopher ~

Ps.. I am gonna put you on my follow list if thats okies ^_^
And thank you for your nice comment :) :)


http://journals.aol.com/cmarlow480/ChristophersJournal

Anonymous said...

Good morning Carrie. I have so many things I always need to finish...if you get me to thinking about it I will just become overwhelmed, so instead I will just go have another cup of coffee and sit here with you. ;) Kelly

Anonymous said...

I love tater-tot casserole... Had it this past weekend... along with hawiian pan cake (yum-o).  The no tech night sounds great... I have had a book laying around for a couple of years I have been wanting to read called "The 100 Simple Secrets of Happy People" by David Niven, ph D... But I would rather find a good book about the pioneer days of the west (I love Fess Parker as Daniel Boone), that or a book with a setting in an English country side.  Good luck with the building of your chicken coop... you lucky duck, you! ~Journey

Anonymous said...

have a good thursday:) no books around here i finally finished the last one:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

gosh, that sounds like a great challenge!! I can't see myself though giving up a night on the computer or my husband giving up a night watching TV, I'll have to think about this one, LOL

that tater tot casserole sounds delicious!

betty

Anonymous said...

I haven't has TTCasserole in years.....boy, that sounds good!! I have my "no tech" time already, that's why I fall behind in journals so often :) Plus, Marv & I spend every Monday on a "date" besides all the other little things we do together.....so I feel okay about family time. Thursdays though? NO WAY for me Carrie.....it's Grey's Anatomy night!!! :) LOL!!!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good idea for "no tech" night but as you can see I am failing at this request already ;)  Hope Stefan is having fun building the chicken coop with his dad xx

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Heck I have no tech night everyday here lately, but nothing is getting done LOL. What's with that? Hope you guys enjoy your nights. Good luck to who ever wins your challenge.
Take care and Hugs, Chrissie