Sunday, April 27, 2008

Interesting Weekend

Well our weekend went pretty good.  The guys played WOW (World of Warcraft) and the boys (Devlin and Nic)  played Nic's VTech while I tried to keep up with the cleaning lol.  I also went to bed at 8pm last night.  I didn't plan on it but I told Nic a Bella story and fell asleep with him in our bed lol.  I heard Cory come to bed a little after 1am and then I woke up and could not fall back to sleep.  Again, what was I thinking of?  Chickens! lol  I lose so much sleep thinking about those darn chickens. 

The boys got along good.  I did have to give both of them a time out at the same time(Nic got two additional ones later in the day too for not wanting to share his "cars" cars) they got into a disagreement and would not even consider solving it so I took the problem away (a ball with a light that flashed when you threw it) and gave them a little time out.   That worked :)  I have pictures to share and will on my next entry. Right now I am on Stefans laptop and don't want to put my pics on here. 

Now the interesting part of my weekend.  My sister called today and she says to me..."It's your turn to take dad he's driving me nuts! lol"  she said that before and I told her he could come stay if he wanted to but she told me today that she just thought I was joking before lol.  I told her no i wasn't joking... Cory and I had talked about it before and he's fine with my dad coming to live with us.  He's 80 but still gets around just fine and takes his daily walks too.  SOO she is going to talk to him today about it and get back to me.  He has been living there with her for 11 years now and so she said it's my turn to take him for the next 10 years lol.   I told her she was going to be calling me after the first two weeks telling me "I MISS HIM, bring him back!"  lol She says no but I bet she will.  So if all goes well he will be coming here to stay in June. 

This is pretty cool because I have never really been close to my dad at all growing up...like I said before he used to drink often and he was never home really.  He has not drank for YEARS...he quit so many years ago that I lost count now so I look forward to getting to spend some time with him and "getting to know him" as a person.  I mean I do see him when I see my sister but not any amount of time.  PLUS he likes gardening and he likes chickens ;)  Maybe he can give me some pointers.  He always had chickens growing up and he had to do everything for them. 

Another good thing about this...the kids will get to spend some quality time with grandpa too :)  My mom is gone so I would really love the fact that they will get to spend time with grandpa before he is gone. 

I hope he does decide to come over here...I know it will be a big change for him...he's been living in the middle of the city for 11 years now and he has his designated walking route which he has made many friends.  He talks to everyone he sees on his route and I'm sure he will miss that.  We don't have a whole lot of people around here for him to bond with.  We do have my husbands parents right next door so he can hang out with hubbys Father. 

That was my weekend...I will let you know how the later turns out...should hear more tonight.  At least I will know kind of what he's thinking about doing. I will need a few days to get his room together if he decides to. 



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good busy weekend. Glad that you may get some time with your dad. I don't see mine much as Karen's family always comes first but maybe for Cassandra's graduation. What are you doinjg May 30th. You can come crash. Lots of food, beer and music at the Wabeno Town hall.

Love ya
Kallie

Anonymous said...

wow sounds like a busy weekend :D

-- Christopher


Anonymous said...

I really hope your father will be happy to come and spend time with you and your family, it's hard for them to change sometimes, but maybe he'll be looking forward to it

Joann

Anonymous said...

Carrie; that's awesome that your dad might come and live with you and your family!! it would be neat for all to get to spend time together and get to know each other better! I hope he decides to come; maybe he can spend 6 months at your place; 6 months with your sister, who knows? Although I know moving around like that could get tiring especially for an older person

looking forward to hearing what he decides to do

betty

Anonymous said...

I hope you and your dad both will enjoy him living with you, if he comes that is. It will be hard for him to give up what is familiar to him. Helen

Anonymous said...

I hope he comes and things go well for all of you....sometimes older folks don't like changes in their routines though.
XOO

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are happy that if your dad wants to he can stay with you.  Perhaps he can help you unburden about the chickens.  I can't believe they are keeping you up at night and you haven't even got them yet LOL...........glad the boy's behaved for some of the weekend xx

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

have a good week:) hope your dad decides to come and stay

Deb

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hope your Dad can come....it will be so wonderful for your boys, and you too. Plus, I think kids are great for older people....it keeps em young at heart :)

Pooh Hugs,
Linda
P.S...............Did you watch Grey's on line??

Anonymous said...

I was just about to say, I bet he will like the chickens...and then I read where he will! LOL. You are obsessing about those chicks! Dont worry though, I think it is a natural thing. I know plenty of people that are obsessed with their chickens. I am one of them. ;) I hope he gets to come and stay, I think it will be nice. Hugs, Kelly