Monday, April 21, 2008

What did we do over the weekend?

FIRST thing I want to do is ask you all to go over to Lori's journal (you may know already) Bonez, Lori's furbaby died very early in the morning.  Please send condolences her way.  I am so sad for her family today. 

Next...what we did over the weekend.  Oh it was painful but enjoyable all at the same time.  We were outside almost all weekend cleaning, raking, planting, digging and raking some more!  My knees are killing me.  I did take pictures.  Nic loved planting veggies with us.  We let him put all the seeds in the tiny little cups.
 


He was SO proud! :) 


 

We started out the day eating breakfast (turkey slices with potato and mixed veggies) and then we were outside by 9:30 getting started.  First thing we had to do was move our nursery trees (10 of them).  We had them in our mini nursery we made for them until they were big enough to transplant in their permanent home.  That took us a while and I didn't bring the camera down until after we were done but I took some of them this morning.



It's out by Bailey and Sheba's resting place and seen out our bedroom window...if you look at the bottom left you can kind of see the tree.



Then after that was all done we brought in the big guns!  And we got the ground all broke up and ready for spring planting of our veggies.  While they (Cory and his dad) were working on that I was working on the left side of our driveway...If you remember Stefan and I did the right side last year and that was a CHORE I tell ya!  We saved this side for this year and I"m not liking it!  We had dirt dumped there and it was so hard we could not rake it so we had to shovel it around and dig, dig, dig!
 







Here is what I'm working on (below)...I got from the where you can see at the bottom of the picture to where you see large brush and crap... done...that was the easy part as it didn't have huge chunks of hard dirt packed down that had to be chopped up and moved and raked. 



Here is what Stefan and I did last year (below)...looks good now that it grew some grass over the spring last year :) 
You can also see another baby tree where the white stick is sticking up.  We got one on each side of the drive.




The dogs were loving hanging outside with us!  They were both very good and stayed home.  Well MAX did anyhow! lol  Cubby started his way to the neighbors but we had to yell at him several times to get home.  He is my stubborn dog that only listens when he wants to.



I also got Nic's slide up and working for him.  He just loved, loved, loved being outside the last few days.  AND I also got my perennials all clipped down and the new stuff is coming up underneath the dead stuff I cut off...along the pole shed.  Back behind where you see the trees is where our chicken coop will go.  We can see it from our living room window and we want to be able to see it and see what's going on.  Were thinking of putting a light back there.



We went in around 5:30 to get Nic in for his bath because he was really yawning up a storm!  He took his bath and Cory took his shower and when Cory was out and Nic was ready for bed I went back outside and enjoyed another hour of quiet time just for ME!  It was SO very peaceful and all you could hear was an occasional moo from next door and a lot of happy frogs.  I went back by the chicken coop area and began preparing the ground for our new chicken coop.  You can see the huge pile of dead grass and weeds I raked up. We were going to just use the dog kennel but I didn't want to do that because when my sister comes and stays the weekend with us she uses that for her dogs so they don't run off.  So were building the coop to the right of that. 




After I had my fill of working and enjoying the weather now that it cooled off a bit lol  (HA, here I am complaining of the "hot" weather already!) It got up to 70 today but the sun was HOT!  I was uncomfortable out there working in it.  So anyway, I went into the house and got the chick heater up so we could test it and see if we could keep it at a steady temp for the babies.  We got this awesome thermometer to use that tells the temp downstairs in the brooder, upstairs!  And where the main control is, is where it will give the temp to that area.  I will take pictures of that tomorrow.  We were able to keep the temps steady so that was a good thing! And we can keep that control by our bed so if we wake up in the middle of the night we have to just look at it to see what the temp is in the brooder :) Otherwise I will be running downstairs in the middle of the night!  Or whenever I happen to wake up!  lol
 




Jack is licking the wall for some odd reason! LOL  He's such a clown! 



Stefan cleaned the basement before he left for the weekend :)  That was NICE to see!  HA, I say that like he WANTED to clean it...umm NO, I had to make him clean it or he didn't get to leave the house ;) He wanted to spent the weekend at his friends house in town.  It was pretty messy down there though.  I even made him clean HIS bathroom!  OH THE TERROR!  OH BTW...Stefan and his girlfriend broke up a few days ago.  He was pretty sad about it but knew it was for the best I think.  He said he still misses her ALOT!  I am relieved to tell you the truth. She already found a new guy so she didn't care a whole lot about Stefan obviously! 



Well folks that's all I have...we just got done eating breakfast...pork chops, baked potato and green beans and then I got a text message from  our bank saying our taxes were in!  YIPPEE!  That is the money we were waiting on to make  the chicken coop. Well, a small portion of it anyway...the other money gets to pay off two credit cards!    Have a nice day all! 








9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your day!
Missie

Anonymous said...

Some time this week I'm planning on getting outside and cleaning out my flower beds. In a couple of weeks I'll start planting. I just want to make sure that it nice so I don't lose anything. I can't wait to see the Chicken coop and the chicks! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Lori's journal is private so I wasn't able to visit. Please pass on my condolences on the loss of her furbaby. I know she must be hurting. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Please give my condolences to Lori in the loss of her furbaby Bonez.
Looks like you and your family had a busy weekend and got a lot done. I hope your MIL is doing good and at home by now. Thanks for sharing your pics with us. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

You did more in one day than I did all year!!! LOLOLOL!!! Holy cow, you are one "Git er Done"  girl.....and I'm not only impressed, I'm feeling guilty! I cleaned the table off and threw out some magazines, does that count? ;)
I'm sorry about Stefan's girlfriend, but ony because he is sad, and that makes me sad.....if she can move on that quickly, she didn't deserve a sweet boy like him!
The picture of Nic with the seeds is precious....he just looks so very happy, as do the dogs :) You have a great family life....what a blessing!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

wow, you guys were busy!!! that is a lot of work, but always a great accomplishment and feeling when it is done!!!

betty

Anonymous said...

Wow, no snow!  I thought you would have snow till June the way this winter has gone.  
Good luck on the garden, I have one tomato on my bush.  

debbie

Anonymous said...

glad you got your $$....loved the pics......you have a nice yard.....i bet Nic loved the time outside after all that snow.
HUGS

Anonymous said...

Wow yall were working hard! Wears me out just reading about it, but I know you are glad to finally have some warmer temperatures and get outside and do stuff like this. Nic is growing like a weed. He looks older in that one pic with the little pots. :) He looks very proud. :) Kelly