Saturday, April 5, 2008

Every Picture Tells A story #2

Here is our next 'Every Picture Tells a Story' photo search ~ challenge.  This weeks photo/story is:
I have this purple __________________ (people eater, beads, vase, marbles, sweater) in my house
 
Is it something special to you?  Was it a gift?  Did you buy it yourself?  Just tell us something about the purple something in your house!  Easy as that! Photograph it, tell us the story behind it.
 
Photos/story due by Monday the 8th at noon pacific standard time. :-)  I look forward to what seeing and reading about your purple items!

Here is mine!



This little "monster" belongs to Nic...he was purchased by grandma at a rummage sale (lord help me) and he has been driving us INSANE since he came into our home!!!! He drove me so insane that we gave grandma visitation rights for months at a time.  We finally ran him over with the van so he shuts up! SERIOUSLY!  It was an accident people!!!  Really! He just so happened to be sitting on the floor in our garage.  Must have fallen out of my bag when picking him up from grandmas when it was our turn to have him!   
He sang that awful "purple people eater" song (you know the one!) and it sticks in my head for a month after hearing it 1000 times in one day.  Nic played it OVER AND OVER AND OVER again!   To say the least, he is NOT a treasured gift but I thought it was worth sharing :)  OH ya his big center eye moves in circles while he sings that horrid song too!!! 



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO I finally can see a journal and THIS is what I'm greeted with?!
Naw really great gift Grandma sounds like a woman after my own heart. Those are the wonderful joys of being a Grandma the SPECIAL toys go home with the kid LOL.
Miss hearing about you and what you been up to. AOheLL has me blocked from looking at journals and I can't even view sites so I'm on the good ole standby Firefox. The only way for me to get in journals for the last two weeks.
Now I've noticed I'm no longer getting alerts. Lisa wrote two entries then asked me IF I got the alerts and I told her NOPE better send emails IF you want anybody to read.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

How funny!    I guess all parents end up with at least one "favorite" toy that drives us insane.    (Grandma deserved those visitation rights, didn't she?)  lol
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Lol. That's priceless. I remember my neice having this toy called chiggles. he was bright green and his eyes flashed and he made this high pitched shaky shrill whenever you squeezed him!! Arghhh. That toy is still In my head from all those years ago. lol. The picture at the top reminds me of my other half after a long night!! ;-) Love Pam xx  

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you ran over that poor purple stuffed monster! LOL
Missie

Anonymous said...

poor monster lol

Deb

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO!!!! That is hilarious....you ran over the one eyed purple people eater with your car??? HAHA!! I'm gonna laugh about this at various times during the next few days when I think about it....you know this, don't you??

Pooh Hugs,
Linda <-----------still cracking up!

Anonymous said...

LOL fancy you running him over.............mind you I think I would've done the same ;)

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

lol  i love your sense of humor with the toy!
xo

Anonymous said...

ROFL, my daughter has a similar one.  It sings the same song, so I know where you are coming from.  Her Grandmother bought it for her too.  I don't recall the eye moving though, but they are very similar.  She has had it a long time now.

Blessings!~

Susan
http://journals.aol.com/Rjet33/CountryLivingSouthernStyle/

P.S.  My daughter's fav color is purple, so we have a purple bedroom complete with purple people eater, lol.