Monday, April 14, 2008

Every Picture Tells a Story # 3

I posted this in my other journal which is public but wanted to post it here also it's a cute story :) 

This weeks photo/story is: I found this _______________ (seashell, ring, cobweb, flower, rare stamp)  Where and how did you find it? Do you often find "treasures"?

Photos and stories due by Monday the 14th at noon pacific standard time. :-)  As always I look forward to seeing what treasures you have found!
 
                      *****************************************

Every Picture tells a story #3<---Play here

Ok I have a good one...and no it's not a purple people eater.  On November 15, 2007 we found a baby kitten that someone had ditched in our driveway.  He was SO tiny and weighed 10 ounces!  He was about 4 weeks old left to die outside in -10 degrees temps!  We had just got back from a wrestling meet for my son and it was dark...very dark.  Now usually we park in the garage but for some reason we didn't that night...I think my daughter was parked in there or something...anyway, out of the corner of my eye I see a tiny THING run towards me...I thought it was a baby skunk at first. Then I look down and this poor baby grabbed my foot and started climbing up my leg!  I told my son...OH MY GOSH!  it's a kitten!  He didn't believe me lol. 

So we took this precious baby into the house and he literally attacked the food...he could not eat well so I had to soften it and even got a bottle to feed him.  He was so young that I still had to wipe his bottom so he could poop!  Who would do such a thing to a cute little innocent baby kitten???? We took him to the vet the next day and he was very sick with many things...worms, upper respiratory infections, you name it!  We got him on meds...he coughed for a month and we really didn't think he would make it.  He did...and he meowed ALOT! lol    So here he is...in all his glory "BABY JACK"


His first hour in our home:




After about a month in our home...doing better but still has a nasty cough.  We are waiting for him to recover before we find him a "HOME". He still meows A LOT! lol 



And here he is a little over three months here...His cough is gone and he still meows A LOT!   I tell my hubby that he's still thanking me.  He doesn't meow like this to anyone but me ;)  lol  We still can't bring ourselves to find him a home. 



Ok here he is (below) 4 months living with us...could YOU give him up!??  LOL  He is now "ours" :)  And he STILL meows a lot and he is just the sweetest thing you are ever going to meet.  I pity the one who ever gave him up to start with!  They will never know what they are missing! 



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope no giving that one up. I think he is showing appreciation by meowing mostly to only you. I would say he is a heart stealer and you are stuck with him LOL. Helen

Anonymous said...

i think he is wonderfull,
and he definately chose you  so as the `chosen one` you would have to keep him,
mind you looking at the last photo of the 2 cats together, i dont think you would have been allowed by the other furperson to let him go anywhere else,
sue

Anonymous said...

I remember when you found him, or he found you!
Missie

Anonymous said...

Awwww how beautiful is he :o)  I wanna cuddle him...........I guess you'll have to do it for me ;)

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

LOL... You sound like me... I could never refuse a good home for a little lost kitten... My daughter found one here a few years back... Sitting near a dumpster, all wet and greasy... must have been about 5 weeks old... little female, grey and white shorthaired... My daughter named her Dutchess... But, living with my Mom, we weren't able to keep her... so, we took her to a no-kill animal shelter about 35 miles away... They said they would have no problem finding a home for her... We gave them a donation to help keep the shelter going (thank goodness for places like this)... What a neat family and home life you seem to have... Enjoy! ~Journey

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :)

~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

Thank God for you! What a cute little kitty....i think it was meant for you to own this tabby.
XO

Anonymous said...

I LOVE PEOPLE...... that do things like this that save animals and is kind towards our furry friends!

I commend people like you :) ^_^..... I got a big place in my heart for people like this!!!!

PS.... -10 weather where are you canada lol?

--- Christopher

http://journals.aol.com/cmarlow480/ChristophersJournal