Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Remember the 7 inces of snow we were getting?

I woke up disappointed this morning because my alarm didn't ring off and we had to have steak burgers rather then Lasagna. I have to say though, they were pretty tasty.  Then when I looked outside....I was in awe.  Seriously!  I took pictures and you can actually see a bit of why I was in awe.  For one thing we DID NOT get 7 inches of snow!  WHEW! Although I think we got about 4-5 inches.  Not so bad...we had ice on our porch from the heavy snow/sleet we got last night.  Had some accident reports early this morning on our highway but other then that all is good.  Of course there was NO schools canceled in our area. 
Nic just woke up and he wants to jump right on the computer...he is SO his brother's brother!  I am now limiting his time on here...I have to! lol  AND I have to limit MY time on here too just to be a good roll model for him. I just want him to turn back into 2yrs old! lol He was so easy then. I hope the 4's are easier!  It's hard to compare him with his brother because his brother was deaf and threw the most amazing temper tantrums you had ever seen in your life!  I mean I was worried he would actually hurt himself. He would throw himself over TWO layers high of child safety gates and he didn't even care if their were stairs on the other side!  I could not put up child safety gates in front of stairs because of this. This would be an everyday thing...and I hear it's VERY common for deaf kids to act like this.  They have no other way to communicate and when they try to tell you something and you don't understand what they want it frustrates them.  AND it takes a long time to learn it! At least for someone who's older. Heck I still can't READ sign very well.  Sometimes he STILL throws temper tantrums ;) lol  But they are nothing like they used to be. My daughter was just an angel for the first 12 years of her life...then, the boys...THE BOYS! Oh it was horrible the boys that used to come around!  They are evil! lol 

Ok...here are some pictures of this morning's wonders! I'm sure god is making this beautiful so we can PUT UP WITH SNOW IN APRIL! lol 

I just posted all of them because I could not pick one! lol  FIRST...remember the pic from yesterday (scroll down) where you could see "love" written in the snow yet?  Well this is the samearea this morning.  Letters are gone :( but check out those trees! 







This was the extent of the sunrise we had this morning...to many clouds out there to see it. I just start to hate winter and then something like this happens and changes my mind!  Tomorrow I will want spring again! lol






That's our driveway.  The only plowing it got this morning was by the van plowing through.





 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those ARE pretty pics! WOW!
There is nothing on earth quite like a teen throwing a fit, huh?!
XO

Anonymous said...

Looks like a winter wonderland.  So beautiful.  Thanks so much for sharing.  If I can't have snow, I can enjoy yours!~

Blessings!~

Susan

Anonymous said...

Aw I love the pics. I want to sit on that seat In the last picture and look out at teh snow. Love Pam xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pamal3/almost-40/

Anonymous said...

Beautiful..even though it is April.  We had our morning like that on Monday and now they are predicting it again for Friday!  SO much for global warming! :)

Hope you have a great day!

Janis

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't like snow but I'll agree with you.  It's beautiful!
Missie

Anonymous said...

Those trees are beautiful. Helen

Anonymous said...

How gorgeous are those photos :o)  How come you have a main meal in the morning?  I could never eat anything like that first thing lol..........

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful pictures. Love the one where everything looks almost blue. Those early morning snow pictures just love them. Thanks for sharing.
Take care, Chrissie