Monday, April 14, 2008

Chickens

I have my order done folks!  I'm waiting to click the send button on McMurrays website because I need to get set up for these cute little creature first!  We are ordering one or two day delivery so they will be here faster then I realize.  Here is a list of what I ordered...most of these will be sold of course because with this website you  have to order a min of 25 birds...well we don't want 25 birds to start out lol.  PRAYER....PLEASE lord don't make me WANT 25 birds when I see them ;)!  Haha...no comments on that please LOLOL  Ya I know your all thinking...OH YA RIGHT...sell those sweet looking little things?  

Anyway...

I got 3 Roosters and 23 hens  I know I had one extra...I had to get an extra male just in case. 

Salmon Faverolles (Hen) 2
Lt Brahmas (Hen) 1
Red Stars (Hens) 3
Black Stars (Hens) 4
Americana's (Hen) 3
Americana's (Roo) 1
Buff Orpingtons (Hen) 3
Salmon Foverolles (Roo) 1
Blue Cochin 2 Straight Run  Hoping they are hens!
Partridge Cochin (Roo) 1
Speckled Sussex (Hen) 2
Japanese Sliver Phoenix 2 (one hen one roo) 
Black Jersey Giants (Hens) Could not resist!  2 of those. 

These were all listed as being pretty gentle and pretty decent egg layers.  Especially the red and black star's

Now I'm going to look for brooding box's so I can get the chicks ordered!  I'm so excited!  My inlaws are SO going to kill us!  They didn't want us to get chickens because they said they stunk to bad for a mile away.  My dad said they don't stink  if you take care of them.

I did not order these yet so if anyone has any opinions PLEASE feel free to share them with me...I am NEW, VERY NEW to this so any suggestions would be appreciated.  I have not seen kelly today :( So I'm waiting on her opinion before I order.  I'm going to check my mail now ;)  Have a great day everyone...I will be sure to share pics of my new additions soon!  My hubby is even excited about this now :)  He's mostly exited because he wants good fertilizer for our garden this spring lol 
OHHH guess what!!  My darling great niece Jenna can WALK!  WOOHOO  She's not even a year old yet!   

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!  All those chickens!!  I sure hope you can sell some of them! LOL
Do you have 26 names picked out! LOL
Missie

Anonymous said...

they are so cute when they are small.. good luck to you !!
have a great day,
Dondie

Anonymous said...

LOL You crack me up. I do have to say I can picture you talking to them and naming them and well mothering them. :)

Love ya
Kallie

Anonymous said...

what an adventure I'm sure you will have!

betty

Anonymous said...

I just have one word for you when you say you are going to sell most of the chickens......"Jack" :) LMAO!


Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

"........AND A PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Joann

Anonymous said...

This sounds like something I would like to do... I love the country life... Always wanted to have the little house with the white pickett fence... A couple of fruit trees.. A stream in the back yard... And chickens! LOL... Yep... I think they are such beautiful animals... And so many different kinds... One of my favorite pictures is one of a rooster and some hens in the countryside... great big framed print I used to have in my kitchen, very colorful... As long as you have the property for it and keep things relatively clean (which I am sure you will!) it should be a very positive experience for you and your family... Keep us posted! ~Journey

Anonymous said...

wow that's a lot of chickens :o)  Hope the order goes through okay when you put it on xx

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

we always had chickens:) good luck

Deb

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the can stink if you don't take care and clean up after them.  I remember the hippies who lived down the road from the barn, you could smell the chickens a mile away in the summertime.
I don't know much about the variety's of chicken, I've seen tons of different types at the state fair but don't know much about the eggs or anything.  I do wonder which ones use brown eggs.  I like brown eggs...dunno why, just like them.....oh.  because they're the organic local eggs ;)~  duh :)  ...yeah, so tell me if any lay brown eggs.  I wish I had room for animals.  sigh.

you have a good one and good luck with the chickies :)
~Bernie

Anonymous said...

Oh, how exciting on the birds!  I wish I had the room to do something like that!  I am in an apartment.  At least this year I will grow a tomato plant, LOL.  Let us know if you order the birds!  By the way, the Packers are John and my favorite team also!  John has loved them for years and years!  Too bad they didn't win the Superbowl.  But we are not fair weather fans.

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Is it ok if i call you Laura Ingalls every now and then?  :)
I can't wait to see these birds show up at your house!
XOOX