Saturday, February 3, 2007

BRRR it's COLD out here!

OK first of all I have to say this!  I'M COLD I had to run into town to get honey to make home made granola bars for the wrestling team tomorrow. They are having a youth tournament and they needed some snacks to sell.  I will have to run them in tomorrow before 11am.  Not like i want to get up that early but I will.  My son doesn't wrestle at this one though.  

Now check out the picture below to see our temps here in Wisconsin!
 


YES you seen that right!  It IS a minus before the 17!  AND it's -44 wind chill too. 

Below are the home made HEALTHY granola bars we made tonight.  Taste pretty good too.  There are rolled oats, flax seed, raw sunflower seed, crushed peanuts, wheat germ, dried fruit, honey, and a little brown sugar and vanilla.  Very good and healthy too!  I'm going to make them more often.  Very easy to make too.  Were waiting for our last batch to cool now so I can wrap them up and get them ready to take to the school tomorrow.  We sell them at the wrestling meet so the team can make some extra money. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to leave at quarter to six this morning, at least my van started. I didn't think it would in this cold. Our motion light kept going on and off all night I wonder if it was from the wind. Gotta Run, Heather