Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Photo Scavenger Hunt #104 subject...with Krissy

I am doing this entry for the Scavenger hunt with Krissy.   This is an entry just for my pets whom I love dearly!  Here is our first baby of the house...our Dog Bailey:

We got Bailey Spring of 1993 when we bought our first house. We were so excited to finally be able to get a pet!  He was the light of our lives and the kids were only 3 and 4 years old!  They adored him and he grew up in our little blue house with our kids.  I wish I had older pics of him here but I don't, our scanner is broken so I only have the recent ones we took of him.  He is 3/4 golden retriever and 1/4 a bunch of little dogs mixed! lol  The couple we got him from were great people and did a great job checking references which I really liked.  We almost didn't get him because we really didn't have a pet before of our own so there were no references to show her.  She trusted us and we still bring him to see them once in a while and they love it!  Our baby is not turning 15 yrs old soon and is having a hard time seeing or hearing :(  and my kids are 17 and 18!  He has just been the best pet anyone can ask for we will miss him terribly when he's gone! 





Our next addition was our Cat Aspen.  We were looking for a cat that needed a good home so we thought why not check out the animal shelter which is where we ran into this tiny baby black kitten sitting all alone in a corner of this cage he was in with his brothers and sisters.  He was sickly looking and very very tiny.  My niece actually picked him out (she's not an animal person but liked him) I figured that was a good sign coming from her.  So we picked him up and that same day we went to visit the vet who told us our little Aspen had all sorts of infections and needed to be on antibiotics right away or he may not live much longer!  After about a month of healing he was all better and just a joy to have around!  He even gives back rubs!  He is a lay on you type of cat and purrs constantly and is awesome with the baby.  What a sweet heart! He will be 6 very soon.  This is the sort of thing he puts up with !




Last we have MY baby Cubby.  My hubby got him for me on our anniversary in 2003.  It was the greatest present I had ever gotten :)  He was about the cutest puppy I had ever seen!  I can't even explain how I felt when I took him home. It was just like having a baby.  Although we were told he is a pure breed Pomeranian I have my doubts because we never did receive the paper work on him.  She offered to give us our money back but after I had him for a month there was no way I was giving him back!  She ran a puppy mill and I shouldn't have taken him but I felt so sorry for him.  Now I'm glad I did, he is such a cuddle pup. 






Below are a few kitty's we fostered for a while. We got them from the shelter when they were just 4 weeks old and we took mommy with us to nurse them.  There were five total and one died in my arms at the age of 6 weeks (after we took him into the emergency room at 2am) and two others found homes very quickly.  We had these two for about 5 months and they were such good kittys and loved each other as you can tell.  We named them Misty (Grey) and Red.  They shared our home with us until they were adopted to very good family's who we still keep in contact with.  It was hard on both me and the kids to see them go so we decided not to foster anymore...its' just to emotional!  Check them out below: I STILL get weepy every time I see this picture! 



<---The BOSS is telling Redto Keep his distance.


Last picture below is of all the animals right after our new "real" baby was born.  They were ALL so protective over him and still are!  He is 2 now.  He loves the animals! 



It's just amazing how much you can love an animal but anyone who does knows what I'm talking about.  They add so much to a person's life and I feel SO sorry for people who will never get to experience that!  HEATHER (my niece) I DO feel so sorry for you!!!  (she isn't an animal person) although she doesn't mind my animals because they are not the pesty type of animal and they listen to me when I tell them to go lay down.  Heck they listen better then my kids!!!  I'm not even kidding!
THERE YOU HAVE IT:  ~~~MY ANIMALS~~~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))))))Welll done,beatiful entry,I am  going to do one to,the memorie of our pet.I hope you and your family havea Happy Valtine Day.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I LOVE this!!  I don't understand how someone can not be an animal person, being an animal person myself.  I LOVE black cats, and having one myself, I just gasped at your Aspen.  Awww... I have two rescued cats.  Both were outdoor cats.  You have beautiful animals and it was an honor to meet them!  Hugs, Val xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pets!  But I think I am afraid of Cubby, LOL.

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Such cute pictures, all warm and cuddly....except for Cubby.  I'm not thinking he enjoys posing for the camera.  I bet he's a handful, and more than likely very cute when not trying to eat a camera.

Greg
http://journals.aol.com/radar446/PhotoTrek/

Anonymous said...

Hi Bailey, Aspen, and Cubby; you are all so pretty! and the foster kittens are so cute!
Linda :)