Thursday, December 13, 2007

caroling through Jland

Ok forgot to add directions AND a subject line! lol I guess I was in a hurry! SO same entry but just a little more to it is all.  Got this from Chrissie at Almost Paradise II

This is how it works; you leave the link to your journal here and then do an entry on your favorite holiday song. Visit at least 5 journals who you believe will play along ... when you visit their journals leave your link in their comment section telling them that you just want them to visit your journal to receive the song you have chosen for them ..here is my all time favorite seasonal song ...

My favorite song of the season back when I was a child used to be up on the housetop!  There is a cute story behind it. 

When I was little (I was the youngest) two of my older sisters were sleeping with me in a large bunk bed I swear our heads were 12 inches from the ceiling...now I don't really remember that accurately at all so it could have been 13 inches or more lol... but thats how I remember it. Anyway...we heard a noise up on the roof...we lived in a old house and we all shared a huge bedroom upstairs (there were six of us kids...my oldest sister lived on her own by then).  Anyway, when we heard that noise I got scared and my sister told me "don't be scared, it's just Santa on our roof bringing us toys"!  Well, that made me so excited!  We sung that song and before I knew it I was fast asleep. 

Now my favorite song is Same as Chrissie's "Let it Snow"!  Love that song and I love the snow too :)  Have some pics and more info from today to share later on so will put in another entry later.

Carrie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas ... caroling through J-land singing Chestnuts roasting on an open fire. Emmi

http://journals.aol.com/emmi2sweet/sweet--simple-pleasures/entries/2007/12/13/caroling-through-j-land/958

Anonymous said...

ah that s cute story. ONE OF MY faves is carol of the bells

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!! I like a bunch of songs so it was hard to pick. I hope everyone picks a variety of songs. Thanks for the cute story too.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

I am catching up with everyone...fell behind again! I hope the kitty gets better soon, good to take him straight away before it gets any worse. Nice that you got a visit from your daughter! I dont know what my favorite song at Christmas is, there are so many. Hope you got some stuff done around the house, I actually managed to get a lot done, for once!

Anonymous said...

i dont like snow because i have to drive in it all the time! I liked the story about when you were small.
hugs, lj

Anonymous said...

That story was cute and so was the vid.  I have so many faves so I'm just randomly posting them.  Thx for sharing.
Hugs,
Dana