Monday, December 17, 2007

Feeling down today!

Yesterday we had our "Big Toy Day" as we call it.  It's my inlaws anniversary and it's also the day they adopted my husband so it's always been a special day for them and when I married into the family we kept the tradition going.  It's great fun and we have a huge dinner (I made Ham with all the fixings) We watched the Packers game WOOT! AND a bonus...the Cowboys lost!  It's everything rolled into one big celebration.  The kids got lots of gifts and I got some gifts too.  I got a gift certificate for family pictures from my daughter although I think grandma helped her out with it.  She also got me some bath stuff.  My mil got me a new outfit for pictures...she knew I would not go clothes shopping for myself I think.  It's a cute outfit and I hope that I look ok in it!  I haven't tried it on yet but I will tomorrow.  I'm just feeling bla tonight and I'm sure its because of the crappy food I have ate today.  Just nothing but junk!  It can't help that's for sure.  I finally ate an apple and It's the first GOOD think I ate all day!  Not having much for dinner...maybe some healthy cereal and some water.  Nothing but bored today... looked at some new journals today and did some cleaning...that's all I did today.  Very bored and really need more action in my life I think.  I stay home all day with Nick and we never go anywhere unless we have to run to the store or something like that.  Every day the same thing...I'm feeling a little depressed!  I will share pictures tomorrow don't really feel like uploading them today.  At least not now...possibly later on.  I sure hope everyone is having a better day then I am!  Don't worry...this phase will pass...this isn't usually like me but like I said...i think it's the horrible foods i ate today! 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stay at home all day myself except for running an errand once in a while so I know you get bored. Hope tomorrow will be a better day for you. Helen

Anonymous said...

HI! :)
I can so relate to what you are feeling.  I feel that way some days too.  It's hard after working full time staying home with the baby. As much as I love her it's not the best conversations. :) lol

Too bad we weren't closer so we couldn't get together for coffee or something and go for walks. :) lol

Hope you're feeling better--sounds like you got some fun stuff.
Janis

Anonymous said...

soglad to hear from you. Hey I really wnat to see your pics. and I think ordinary days are good. I like being a home body

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a good time yesterday with family..that is a plus. Hope you feel better.
lisa

Anonymous said...

Yeah family pics! I love family pics and can't wait until you get them done, its been a long time. That was nice of Bev to get you a outfit. I have also been feeling depressed lately. I thought I would love staying at home with the kids but really it is not for me. I  really want to go back to school so I can have a job that I like. Maybe we should go together, have you ever thought of doing something like that? Maybe we will have to set up some play date or something at least once a week where we can get out. Just a thought let me know. Don't feel bad about your eating I am probably doing way worse than you. I have been eating chocolate candies and cookies all day it seems like for the last week. I am so BAD!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add where are the pics from big toy day?

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean I was in the work force forever and then stayed at home with my grandson, but now my daughter is in between schools so I don't care for him everday. I stay in this house everyday some days don't leave for three days. I go to the grocery once a week. It's like a big day out for me and then I'm exhausted and to tired to go anymore. You're right the mood will pass we all have them. Glad you all had a nice time. Can't wait to see the pictures and your new outfit. That is a nice idea.
Take care and Hugs, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Some days are like that. I think I have finally snapped out of it and I am on my way to Christmas now. ;)

Anonymous said...

Cheer up!
this too shall pass!
Lyn

Anonymous said...

We all have our good days and bad days!  Tomorrow you'll feel better.
Missie

Anonymous said...

I don't know why, but I generally experience some depression during the Christas season.    That's a wonderful tradition your inlaws keep.    
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Like I told someone else who said my CVOTD posts was getting them in the Cmasy mood, I said good!  I have plenty of reasons to be down around Cmas but why not be happy?  We have the rest of the year to be depressed.  LOL  This shall pass.
Hugs,
Dana