Monday, December 3, 2007

Poor Max :(


UPDATE:
  Sorry I had to update this...forgot my movie review today lol.  We watched "Amazing Grace" It’s the age of the Great British Empire and William Wilberforce (Gruffudd) is a newcomer to the world of politics. Just 21 years of age when he enters office, he must learn to operate in a world of skillful deception and cunning one-upmanship in order to attain his unpopular goal: the abolition of slavery. As he struggles to find his way, he slowly loses his mind and his health. However, with the support of his closest friend, Prime Minister William Pitt (Cumberbatch) and a dedicated group of like-minded supporters, Wilberforce wages the first modern political campaign, using petitions, boycotts, mass meetings, badges and slogans. Over the course of two decades, Wilberforce takes on the English establishment and finally persuades those in power to end the inhumane slave trade. Very interesting and I really learned a lot!  I didn't know half of the stuff they talked about on there. 

 Max had to go to the vet today and man o man was it hard to weigh him.  He is the biggest chicken dog I have ever seen lol.  Again it took Stefan and I to get him to stand on the big scale and then he kept pushing and we seen 55 lbs but I'm sure it was between 55 and 60 because he kept leaning on us.   He gets neutered today and I feel terrible for him that he has to stay there all night.  It will be his first night away from us and I'm sure he's going to wonder what the heck is going on.  I brought his blanket for him so I hope that makes him feel better. 


The lady that was going to take the kitty changed her mind because her back has been really bothering her and she doesn't think she can bend to change litter and all that so now we have to look again.  He's ok here and unless we find him a REALLY good home he will stay here with us.
Our yesterday snow recorded at 6 inches total so not bad considering.  We are expecting another storm coming in late today into tomorrow again...another 4-6 inches on the way.  We just got this plowed out! lol  I hope it's not to bad cuz we have to drive 1/2 hour into town to pick up Max.  The earliest we can get him is 9am  I don't know..I may ask if I can just take him home tonight and watch him.  I used to be a veterinarian  assistant when I was younger so I know what to do if anything happens because I would be the one watch the animals at night after a neuter/spay or de-claw since I lived right behind the hospital.  They may let me.  Then I won't have to drive tomorrow.

Well time to go mop my floor downstairs and get a head start on laundry.  I will prob post some more pics later and some of our new snowfall tomorrow again. I'm liking all this snow...it's beautiful.  And it's not all that cold out today either (20 degrees) sure does beat the 5-7 degrees we had been getting this whole week! 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry the lady couldnt take the kitten, but good to know he will be fine with you. I knew he would be anyway. :) I was about to ask if you brought his favorite toy or something to the vets, but you had already thought of his blanky. You are a good Mama to Max, you think of everything. I hope you can go ahead and bring him home, he will be zonked out for a while anyway. I know when we brought Tip home from being spayed she was out of it and had to sleep it off, and that was into the next day like you say.

Anonymous said...

Poor Max! Hope everything goes smoothly :)

We got a lot of snow too--I love it. I figure if it's going to be cold it might as well be white! :)  

We are pretty much plowed out but I am sure it won't take long with this new storm to be right back into it.

Have a great day!

Janis

Anonymous said...

Awwww....Max is so cute.  Give him a hug for me.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/lattedah711/lattedah/    Tracy

Anonymous said...

Poor Max!  I'm sure he'll be okay though.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Poor Max! You must live in one of the north eastern states.  I love snow around Christmas but that's it.  I haven't seen no real snow in 4.5 yrs.  Have a great day!
~Dana