Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A visit from... guess who!?

I finally got a visit from my daughter last night.  Nick was thrilled, I was thrilled.  She doesn't like it much when Nick wants her attention the whole time she is here but he really misses her and he talks about her on a daily basis so I don't think she realizes how much he adores her! The dogs adore her too! She is always bombarded by all of us when she comes over!  No wonder the girl doesn't come visit often! Here is a short video of Pat  (Alex's boyfriend) and Alex  (under Pat) and Nick.  And of course the dogs have to join in too.

 





Here you see cubby saying GET AWAY from Alex she is MINE!  He is sitting there with his devil looking eyes just growling away at everyone who comes near her. 



I didn't go anywhere yesterday at all.  I just stayed home and got dishes done and some cleaning.  Today will be the same thing I believe...I may have to run to our school here and get in our mileage money form so we get paid this month for gas. Because Stefan is Deaf our district has to pay the district where he goes and has to transport him there.  They are the only school around who has a Deaf and H/H program so that is where he has to go.  He is the only deaf kid in the school now...the others were all sent to Delevan because when they are not thriving in the school they recommend they be sent to the nearest school for the Deaf.  So instead of our school district paying for the gas for a huge bus to transport Stefan to HIS school district every day. They just pay us which is much cheaper then taking the bus out.  It works for well for both of us and were happy we can help them save money too. It's nice getting a little check in the mail to help out on car expenses also.

We finally finished "Blade trinity" last night and If you like vampire movies this is the movie to watch! It's full of action and I really enjoyed it.  As always tho...watch the first two to really understand the movie.
I can't wait to get the last Harry Potter movie.  I told Cory...we should get all the potter movies and watch them in a row so we remember what is going on. It's been so long since I seen the last harry potter movie!  We did that with Lord of the Rings too...LOOOONGG  movie when you do it that way lol. We just took a weekend and did it and it was fun. Sometimes they will run the whole series in the theater after the last movie comes out and have intermissions...they did that for Lord of the Rings but we missed it.  Found out to late or we would have went.

Another thing I have to share is another card I got in the mail!  This one is from Linda of Linda's World.  It's just lovely!!  Thank you Linda! I had this picture taken a few days ago already but had trouble getting this set of pics downloaded for some reason.  Finally got it! 



Well, today looks like another slow day here...maybe a little ride later but a short one.  Thank goodness it's not below Zero today. It's 5 degrees but it's suppose to warm up to the teens today.  I hope everyone has a great day today! :-)




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

where in the world do you live that its five degrees??????? man that is cold. we are dropping. you will see soon as I get the hanukkah pics up we were at 70 which is unreal for us but I had my windows open can you beleive that AT NIGHT!!!!!!!! itsucks really cuase i had my dinner and family was here and man........  it just seems too soon. IM now taking down decorations I just put up two weeks ago. I hate when Hanukkah comes early. thats pretty neat you got your school paying you for gas.  better than not getting any. yeah looks like nick is glad to see her what a rowdy party it must have been. love to see more pics. where does your daughter live from you is it far?

Anonymous said...

Carrie,
Thanks for sharing the videos that is funny that they all get excited when she comes over. IF she came over more often they wouldn't attack  her like that. It should make her feel loved and missed. My son loves that Blade series. I've never watched them. I haven't watched or read any of the Harry Potter stuff. I do want to buy all the DVDs and watch them like you said one right after another. That would be like a mini series week for me I wouldn't be able to sit that long. Aren't those each like two hours long? Anyway I would love to have the series and save them for Kyan for when he gets older. I've been buying Disney movies since he was born and they still have wrappers on them, but he's still to little to sit for a long movie like that. Well except Air Buddies he LOVES that movie. Has Nick ever seen that one he would love all those puppies getting into trouble. My son loved Lord of the Rings series. I have never seen that one either and again will have to buy them all to watch someday. I have a whole closet full of movies I want to watch someday. My kids say I have my own video store. That's a pretty card. Dontcha just love getting mail that isn't a bill or junk? You should have gotten my card already. Hope you have a great day today. WOW you guys are having a heatwave today LOL.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Gald your card arrived safely.  I love this time of the year...lots of mail and the cards out number the bills.   Linda in cold (brrrrr) western Washington  

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your daughter stopped by for a visit!  Enjoy your Wednesday.
Missie

Anonymous said...

cute video....so glad you got to see your daughter.....my DH watches a lot of movies but it is rare that i sit down and watch with him.
lisa

Anonymous said...

We did that with the Star Wars movies. We tried to watch all six in a day but we only made it to 5!  Pretty Crazy!

Janis

Anonymous said...

I loved watching the Lethal Weapon movies all in one weekend.  I just found out they're coming out with another Rocky movie next month.  I like that series too.  Nick is so cute.  I'm catchin up on alerts.  I don't know what happened.  When hubby & I shared a puter before I bought my laptop, I was always caught up on alerts.  Now I'm always 1-2 weeks behind.  LOL  Must be my work.
Hugs,
Dana