Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Melting Pizza and more pics/videos

UPDATE>>>forgot to add Nicks picture:


I forgot to mention this last Sunday when we made a Portesi's pizza for the packer game it melted (I guess that's what you would call it) lol  See the pics below...I sent Portesi an email and this is what I got back in return from them....


Carrie,
 
Thank you for contacting us and especially for the pictures, they help to explain your problem.
 
First of all, I want to apologize for this situation.  This is a situation that has almost been totally eliminated because of the controls that have been put into the baking process.  The Original style pizza has a crust that is made from a fresh dough.  The dough is sheeted out, put on a pan, cut to size and then topped off before being partially baked.  The baking gives the crust rigidness for handling as well as sealing in the flavor of all of the ingredients.  If the dough is run too thin, and/or too much sauce goes on the pizza, we could have a situation such as what you experienced.
 
The nature of the hand made and sheeted fresh dough crust is that the thickness is not 'exactly the same' every time.  There is some variance.  Occasionally the crust is too thin and even then it is usually solid enough to bake properly.  Sometimes if a thinner crust is thawed before baking, it does not get the opportunity to get additional baking of the crust before the top is thawed and your situation might occur.
 
What I can do for you is to send you a couple of pizza screens.  They allow the heat to properly bake the crust, while preventing your situation, even if the crust were to have a hole in it to begin with.  Please send me your address, and I will send those out to you in hopes that you will accept this as compensation for your bad experience.
 
I do appreciate you taking considerable time to help us to learn of a situation which was undesirable and which we can work on preventing in the future.  And again, please accept my apologies.
 
Sincerely,
 
Rusty Mitch, President
Portesi Italian Foods, Inc.

Here is what happened to the pizza (we followed directions exactly) Excuse my messy oven...haven't cleaned it in a while....not on my list of priorities. lol





I guess I'm pretty happy with what they offered me since I will be making the pizza again. I would have preferred a pizza replacement but I will live.

We finally started watching "Blade trinity" but we have not made it all the way through it.  We won't watch it unless Nick is napping or in bed for the night.  And he woke from his nap before we finished it. It was really good as far as we have seen so far.  Maybe we will finish it tonight. 

Well, last night Nick had his first attempt at the computer and some cute websites we tried was Thomas the train and Nick Jr website.  He loved them and I had to show him how to work the mouse only once and he was a pro after that!  He must take after his daddy.  I took a couple video of him so you can see how much he enjoys it lol.  And then there is a picture at the bottom of him I took just a little bit ago.  He's working on messing the living room already ;) I so sound like a dork on these videos! I have always hated how I sound on video! 






This was so cute!  I loved it.  Well, I think that's all for now but may be back later if something else comes up...now it's time to clean.

Here is Nick:


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is SO freaking precious!!!!  I can't WAIT till I have some of my own!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your voice but I don tthink anyone likes thier voice on camera . he is so cute geting all excited aboutthose games. that is nice you can share via video and pics your life. I love journlas that have pics andvideos. wow that pizza did melt didnt it.

Anonymous said...

That is GREAT! LOL he is so cute! Shelby grew up on our knee at the computer. Sometimes I think she can work it better than us...lol.

Anonymous said...

He is so funny!
Hugs,
Dana

Anonymous said...

YIPPY Nick!! He looks like Kyan on the computer. They go crazy. He likes to go to Max and Ruby where Max hides and you have to find him. It's cute.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

you sound great.....i sound like a dude half the time....i think its cool that at least the pizza maker wrote you back and will send something....i love pizza and rarely make it homemade.
hugs, lisa

Anonymous said...

I've never seen a pizza do that!  Enjoy your Wednesday.
Missie