Thursday, January 10, 2008

Going to snow today

Good Morning everyone!  Well, so far I have had a busy day.  Got up at 5:30 and made our "dinner" we had stromboli and corn...left over from the other day.  Were trying to eat up all those left overs.  Then I cut Stefan's hair, then did the dinner dishes.  Now i'm taking a break.   It's suppose to snow later this evening and Stefan has a wrestling meet in Rapids tonight.  I want to go but I don't want to drive in this!  So I'm going to stay home :(  It's an hours and   1/2 drive there and I hate driving in that crap.  So I told him this time I would not be there.  He didn't look happy but this is the first one I missed.  This was a big meet too and I really wanted to go. 
 ON DIET FRONT: Well, good news...I lost another lb :)  And one thing we found out by switching dinner to breakfast is that we eat less dinner now because were not huge breakfast eaters so we will eat REGULAR portions rather then going back for seconds!  And we have been using the small plates too. The hardest thing is getting those veggies in!  I don't like veggies in the a.m. but I eat them anyhow.

Ok now I want to take time to thank all you guys for the wonderful comments!!  They just make my day!  And thanks for the prayers when Nic was sick ;) 

And on to some questions I had about my MIL...Here is the story...She was first diagnosed with MS and she was forced to quit the job she loved as head nurse.  Then Breast cancer shortly after she found out she had MS so she had one breast removed...then she had to have the other removed shortly after that because they found some in that one too. She had Cemo and radiation...they got all of it and she was ok for a few years.  Then she was diagnosed with cardiomyopothy
. She was told she only had six months to live...her heart fought back and it healed itself a bit, which is very uncommon.  Now after a year and a half she is still here with us :)  Then she found out she had cancer in the bone under the uterus.  If they removed it she would never walk againso she decided to do strong cemo again.  Then she recently found out she had some spots on her brain and again she has to go on cemo/radiation treatments which she is still undergoing now.  She has two treatments left.  Her heart is again giving her trouble and she is passing out.  She used to only pass out when she would stand up...now it started happening when she was sitting down as well.  It doesn't happen every day or even that often but if it happens when she is driving her insurance will not cover her or anyone else involved because it's in her hospital records now that she DOES in fact pass out while sitting and the doctor told her no more driving.  So now she is in the process of looking at a pace maker and she may be able to get her license back.  So until then I will drive her where ever she needs to go...she sure did enough for us when we needed her! It's the least I could do for her.  So Please keep her in your prayers and thanks in advance for that :)
There is good news in that story now...they called her last week and told her they no longer seen the spots in her brain! :)  So that was good news!   

I have went through some of my video and there are lots I want to share but I will do one a day but will start out with this one!  We were babysitting this little girl "Siarra" is her name and Nic just adored her!  But I had a hard time trying to explain to him that she was not a toy for him to poke on! lol  This was taken on 1/2/06 which made him a little over a year old. Don't mind my house...it was a total mess!  lol 






  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweeet! I love when he lays on her and hugs and then wiggles like he just loves to be next to her...so sweet. I dont blame you for not driving in the snow. I dont even like driving in the rain, so I sure wouldnt want to try snow. I didnt think about it, but now that you mention it I bet you wouldnt eat as much at breakfast time, even if it was dinner. Congratulations on another pound lost! :)

Anonymous said...

I wanted to come back and comment on your MIL. She sure has gone through a lot. She is a strong lady. I still miss my MIL. She and I were really close. I am glad you have that with your MIL. Good news on the spots in the brain, I hope that bad mess will leave her body completely and let her live in peace now.

Anonymous said...

Your poor MIL!  Keeping her in prayers.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Bless your MIL's heart...she has been through so much....but so glad to hear the news that they no longer see the spots on her brain!!!  

Congrats on losing another pound...you go girl!!!  =)

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

Congrats on another pound WOO HOO. You're gonna be a skinny biotch by summer ;-). Bless her heart she has been through it all. Many blessings to her and I hope everything goes well and she can get her license back if thats what she wants. AWWW... Look at baby Nic he still looks the same. He's such a flirt. I love that little wiggle he was doing.
Take care and Hugs, Chrissie