Monday, January 14, 2008

Potato Burgers

Ok I was told I have to share this recipe ;) 

It's VERY easy and very good!  Did you guys ever hear of One Potato Two??  It's an restaurant that used to be in our mall here and then they took it out. 
Well, I make a potato burger similar to theirs. It tastes just like it!   It's loaded with fat but you can get it down a bit by going low fat with things.   It sure is yummy tho! 


Potatoes...one per person Wash before cooking
Ground browned hamburger (can us very low fat for this and a lb is enough for 4-6 potatoes)
One Tbsp butter (per potato)
Shredded cheddar cheese (low fat taste fine on this)
Daisy Sour Cream  (can use low fat version)

NO salt is needed of course but you may want to add pepper. 


Ok  here what ya do...
First you have to bake your potato of course.  I do it right in my microwave.  Then when it's done get your other stuff ready to go.

First split open the potato after it cools a bit (we leave skin on, tastes wonderful)
Add one Tbls butter to center of potato
Add ground beef...usually 1/4 cup but use as much or as little as you like
Add ground cheese 1/4 cup but again add what you want.

Then put your burger back into the microwave until the cheese is melted (about a min and 1/2)  Then add 2 Tbsp of sour cream over the top of your burger and enjoy!  
It's Stefan's favorite meal and mine too!!  We don't have it often but when we do it's enjoyed by EVERYONE!  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yumm....those sound GOOD!!!  I'm going to have to give them a try!!!  Thanks for the recipe!!!

Anonymous said...

What a Great Recipe.  I'm adding that to my online recipe book Mama Moser's Recipes.  Thanks for sharing.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/lattedah711/lattedah/    Tracy

Anonymous said...

I think I could make a nice core plan version of this....  just might give it a try!
Thx
~Meg

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of that place or this recipe. Sounds YUMMY I will have to write this one down to try. Thanks for sharing.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious! I've heard of something similiar only adding the ingredients you would for a taco on the potato.(Hugs) Indigo