Monday, January 14, 2008

Lots to say today.

I have a lot of stuff to fill you in on today since I haven't have much of an entry for the past few days.  Been preoccupied with the games and a sick hubby.  He has had a fever for the past two days accompanied by diarrhea and pain in the legs.  Weird combo I know but that's his symptoms.  He's feeling a bit better today...he stayed home from work today in hopes that that will help him feel a little better.  I hope so, I was pretty worried about him the first night because he kept waking up and making weird noises because he was in pain from  his fever. 
I have a cold and a half here yet.  My voice is not my own!  I hate when I can't sing in the car lol It really bothers me alot!  In fact when I wasn't singing, Nic says  "Mom, aren't you gonna sing?"  He likes when I sing in the car.  He's so funny. 

Speaking of Nic,  He got a little bit from my Pomeranian two days ago and I was a little worried about it yesterday because it was looking bad but found out that was just a bruise NOT infection!  It's looking better this morning.  He was laying on top of the poor dog and he was just trying to protect himself.  I tell Nic again and again DO NOT lay on the dogs or the cats.  He also got a scratch down the side of his face yesterday to match his bite on his eyelid!!  Yes, I said eyelid!  We are very lucky he didn't get it in the eye.  Cubby usually does not bite at all unless Nic threatens him in some way.  The kitten was being bounced up and down on the bed while Nic held him and by the time I got to the bed the kitten had already scratched him. 
Kids usually don't feel empathy until the are 5 so It's hard to get him to understand right now that the animals feel pain and are scared when he acts like that to them.  I think he's starting to learn that is not acceptable to treat animals in that way. 
Cory is surprised he has been this good so far with the kitten.  That's because I watch him like a hawk and get after him when he's even THINKING about it!  I can't be there every single time but I do catch most of it.  The bite happened while I was in the tub and Stefan was suppose to be watching him and the scratch happened downstairs...I wasn't even aware that the kitten had began roaming downstairs yet...now I do!   He was down there by Stefan and of course Stefan could not hear the cat meowing.

O.K. on to the next bit of info.  I think I told you in a recent entry that my daughter was a security guard at Lambeau  field for the Packer game?  Well, she loved it and they had so much fun.  The not so fun part was driving home that day.  SNOW, SNOW and more SNOW.  They were invited back again next Sunday for the game against the Giants.  I was happy for her because I know how much she wanted to do that.  Her and two of her friends are doing it together.  They all have big mouths and thats what they needed there! lol  My daughter does have a big mouth and she tells you like it is.  SO opposite of me! I'm pretty quiet and really, nothing gets me angry for the most part. I like most people unless they hurt my kids in some way...and I can find something good in anybody.  That's just how I am. 
Ok on to Stefan's meet the other day...took me a while to get this info in  here...in fact my son kept asking me if I had it done yet lol.  Some of his friends read so they were waiting for the video.  Those who couldn't make it to watch.  His friend Lia was suppose to come to this match but she ended up having a doctors apt...they can only get her in on the weekends because she is gone all week to school.
 
Here is a pic of his award he got...He got the first place paper award and a gold medal. 



Here is our kitten "Jack" that we were suppose to be finding a home for!!!! lol  I think were all attached to him now so we will see.  If a good home falls in our laps we will give him away but until then he is ours.  Here he is watching the birds in the bird feeders.





I took these today...notice how dreary it is outside!  It's foggy and I think were going to get a little more snow today.





Here is Nic's bite and notice the scratch on the right side of his cheek...if you can see through the pb and J he just got done eating lol. 



Ok I do have the video to post yet but I will do that in another entry because I have to put them together yet.  It wasn't a very good video because I missed a lot because of how crowded it was there!  I even missed them holing  his hand up for the win because i thought it was only the second round and here it was the end of the 3rd!  But either way he won 4 to 1.  Watch for that video and another one of Cubby and Nic too. 



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww...poor nic!!!  I think this may be the thing that makes him realize that he has to be NICE to the animals!!!  LOL!  Maybe you should let Max lay on Nic, and see how Nic likes it!  LOL!  Poor baby....

Congrats Stefan!!!!!  Way to go!!!!

Aww...Jack is so cute....I wish they would stay that size forever....but they never do.....they always have to become CATS, loL!

Anonymous said...

I hope that Nic will learn from his wounds to be more careful with the animals. That was a close call with the eye. Could have been bad news. That is a wonderful shot of the cardinal! Congratulations to Stefan!

Anonymous said...

Maybe Nic will learn from those places to be more careful with the animals. Congrats to Stefan. I hope you and hubby feel better soon. Helen

Anonymous said...

Poor Nic. LOVE the cardinal just beautiful. They are one of my fav birds. That kitten is adorable so cute it's watching the birds. She looks no bigger than a bird.
Congrats to Stefan. Take care and Hugs, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say I loved your pics. of the Cardinal, that kitten is the cutest! (Hugs) Indy

Anonymous said...

Kids always tend to learn the hard way with animals. I think Nic for all his scratches and bites will end up being quite the gentle animal lover when he gets older. I'm just glad these incidents haven't made him fearful of them. Congrats to Stefan for 1st place and Gold! All in all seems like quite an eventful weekend in your home. Hope everyone who is sick soon feels better. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I love cardinals..when we were in VA we saw them all the time..not so much down here...love hearing about your kids...
Lyn