Friday, January 25, 2008

"clean really good day" Video/movie review

I know, funny subject line.  And I don't think I ever mentioned this in my journal before but once every couple months I will go through the whole house and have a really in depth cleaning day and clean everything including baseboards, sweep ceiling and walls down wash all bedding,  clean out closet good.  It usually takes me a whole day to do two rooms...sometimes one room if it's bad...like my daughters room used to be lol. 
Today is the day I do my bedroom and the upstairs bathroom.  AND I will TRY to get to the living room...that is the easiest room to do and I try to do that room with the kitchen on the same day because the kitchen is the hardest room to do since it involves taking out all the dishes and cleaning the cupboards too.  You would be surprised at what you can find deep in your cupboards sometimes!  Even going through it once every few months..that just grosses me out and so then if I find yucky dead bugs or anything like that I tend to move up the cleaning  next time lol.

Another MOVIE review:

"The Hunting Party"
Starring Richard Gere and Terrence Howard  This was a REALLY good movie although it started out like it wasn't going to be very promising, it did get really good.  This is a true story and really makes you wonder what kind of government runs our country!!  Scary!  This is a must see!  These tree journalists decide to go on a hunt for the most wanted criminal in America and find themselves in deep doodoo!  Make sure you watch the special features!!!  There is a lot of info in there about this true story that you would be interested in. 

The guys were late again today getting off to work and school...because Stefan forgot it was garbage day and I am not taking Nic out in this cold weather to do it myself.  Poor kid has been stuck in this house for days now but he doesn't seem to mind it at all.  He 's finding things to keep him busy and he will help me today. I will give him a rag and have him wash the baseboards :)  he likes that part.  I have one picture to post today and I took it yesterday.  It's of our kitty were not keeping *cough* (baby jack) and Aspen.  I wish I could of caught them how they were laying when I first walked into the room...it was SO cute.  Jack heard me come in with the camera so he looked up at me.  I also have some other pics and a video of Nic cooking with grandma.  So cute.  LOOK at how BIG he's getting...Our black cat Aspen is close to 20 lbs and Jack doesn't look all that small next to him anymore!  He IS a pig...I bet he's going to be a huge cat too.  OH and I found my memory card for my camera :



Grandma came over the other day to bake some things because their oven broke down and they are waiting on a part to come in the mail.  My FIL can fix ANYTHING, seriously!  He saves us TONS of money!   My hubby can fix almost anything too so it's really nice to have them around :)  The video of them is at the end of this entry :)  It's so cute!  With Grandma going through Cemo and being so sick I try to get as many of these as I can so Nic will remember her the way she was with him.  The other two kids have TONS of video with her and I wish we could get them transfered here so I could share them...it will be a goal of mine ;) 







Here is our towing bill for the truck!! This did not help our budget...just when we start getting fixed...THIS happens! lol This is why we want to get our savings built back up.  Emergencies happen all the time and right now we can't afford them! lol



Here is the video...can you see why I have to have a "cleaning party" today??!!! OH MAN!~  I didn't realize how messy it was till i watched this video! lol 


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having that video is a GREAT idea!  My mom passed away in late 2003, and my brother and sister have nothing like that of her to remember.  It makes me sad to know that they don't have the memories I have of her, and that all they really remember is her being so sick.  You are really blessing your kids by doing this!

Anonymous said...

Jack is an adorable kitty!  Enjoy your day!
Missie

Anonymous said...

Nic is too cute with the chocolate batter. Jack is a little beauty. Somehow I think your going to end up (cough) keeping him.....I need to get in a cleaning mood..Eh tomorrow (winks) (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Aw...Good video and Jack is a cutie.
Hugs,
D

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of Nic with the batter....priceless! The video was good and just how cute is Jack?? My bet is...you keep that little baby (cough or no cough) !!!! LOL! :)

Stay Warm!

Pooh Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Aww... love the pics of Nic and his video helping Grandma is to sweet. You know I hate to have my picture made or video, but Kyan just absolutely loves whenever he and I take pics or anything.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Hmmm yes, that would be a good thing to have now. Ians mom passed away six years ago. I have pictures of her and Shelby making cookies at Christmas time, but it would be so nice to have a video of her, to hear her voice again. This is a wonderful thing to have. Love the pictures of him and that bowl! I remember those days...so much fun. I have had cleaning frenzies here and there. I think it is just cabin fever.

Anonymous said...

I love the video. My sister has a few from my mom and it breaks my heart when I see them but it also makes me have a few memories that I had forgotten.

Love ya
Kallie