Monday, July 23, 2007

A happy girl tonight

I think I found a new peace about my way of eating...I didn't do well again tonight but I'm not worried about the past. I will look ahead of me now and know that the past is the past and I will do this!  I got SO many wonderful comment from everyone that it really made my day :) You don't even know how much!

thank_you_

I really needed that!

As for tonight...I had a really great night and although I did have McDonalds for dinner I feel ok about that. I'm not pigging out tonight and don't even feel full right now.  I'm not going to have fast food at all the rest of the week and that is a GOAL...
Goal for me to work on this week!  I don't have to travel this weekend to get my son because my hubby is going it alone and they are staying up at his aunts house to go to the fair...so I have no excuses as to why I have to eat out.  I don't and I WON'T!

Ok about tonight...Cory and I and the baby went out for a drive tonight right before dinner and we had a wonderful drive.  I took them on a road i had been on before that is just beautiful!  The trees reach the roadside and there is NO shoulder at all on the road.  You could just about reach your had out the window and touch the trees.

Forest.jpg
 I wish I would have brought the camera.  It was just about as beautiful as this...although  it had a black top road.  I would LOVE to walk down this rode! 
On our little trip we spotted a small painted turtle on the highway.
BQf93U.jpg
 I said AWW hun we HAVE to save the turtle!  So my wonderful hubby stopped the van and got out and picked up the turtle and brought him to the other side of the street (in the direction he was headed)  This is one reason I just love my husband :)  He does those types of things!  And he would have done it even if I wasn't with him too. And he does pretty much whatever I want him to do...if it's drive for 3 hours (which we did today even tho he wasn't feeling the best today) he will do it. 
By the time we got home it was 9pm and then we decided we wanted to make beef barley soup so we can live on that for the next few days...It's the most wonderful soup ever!  And it's only 3 WW points for 1 1/2 cups.  SO we started cutting up the veggies and it was great just to work together on in.  So now were about getting ready for bed and start a new HEALTHY day tomorrow.  I plan on entering in my menu for ALL day tomorrow in my journal. I need some butt kicking here if I do badly! 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a guy !  I'm glad you saved the turtle....Linda in Washington state  

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))You have a wonderful Husband.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling some peace....still looking for mine. :)  Right now it feels more like I am battling demons--but I/We will conquer them.  It takes a while to make a whole lifestyle change.  It's hard to be patient.

Your hubby sounds great! :)

Have a great day today!

janis

Anonymous said...

Thats great that you, Cory, and Nick spent some great quality time together. I know I love when Jimmy goes on our walk with us.

Anonymous said...

Love the new attitude.  You can do this.  Life is about beautiful things like roads and nature.  It's not about food.  We just have to et enough to live on.  We can do this!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I always say, just keep moving forward in the right direction and you will see the results. Don't look back, because you can't GO BACK. I think planning your menu ahead is a good idea, he gives you direction.
Was that the turtle? I love turtles!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs
Ang