Monday, July 9, 2007

New scale

thcuteflutterbys.gif  Just a quick update, I did get to the Y and did about 2 1/2 miles about 45 min on the track :)

Saturday when we went to our WW meeting which went really well by the way...I got a food scale.  This thing is really cool and it counts points FOR you so easily!  I LOVE IT and I know it will be a great addition to my journey.  You can even add 10 of your OWN foods that you enjoy and eat alot of so you can figure out your points that way.  Well, I added Baked Doritos because it's my fav snack food and one that I like to eat almost every day.  Well, I noticed I have been overdoing it...well, at least I thought I was overdoing when in reality I wasn't.  I weighed what I usually eat on the scale and it was over what I prob should be eating but it was only 5 points worth so I wasn't going over at all...here I was adding like 10 points for the same amount to my daily total.  This made me feel alot better and now I have only 3 points worth or sometimes 2 but never 5 anymore.  My weight has went down again...I know I shouldn't be jumping on the scale all the time but I just can't control that lol. 
I will be going to the Y today at prob about 5ish or so...the daycare doesn't open until 4 so maybe I will go then...not really sure yet.  All I know is that I WILL be going.  My eating has really been better so far since weigh in. I did have to eat out but I choose just a sandwich and water rather then fries and soda added to that.  I felt empowered!  I feel for the first time in a LONG time that I CAN really so this.  I have not felt like that in years!  Off to dry my hair and then get ready to go...Ya I took a shower BEFORE the gym but i figure two showers in one day can't hurt anyone right??  lol  Have a great day everyone.  OH I have pics...i will add them very soon here. I am downstairs and can't add them here without a lot of extra work so I will be going up in a few here so will add them then.  Come back and check um out!  OH  my son loves camp but he forgot his phone charger...i will see about sending it to him for ME not for him! lol I NEED to talk to him every day or I feel something is wrong :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say anything that makes it easier to stay on plan is a worthwhile investment.... I did ok today... we had funeral food, which in the south means casseroles of every kind imagineable... I ate little bitty spoonfuls and avoided the dessert table completely and did not eat even one bite of fried chicken and only drank water - no sweet tea - so I think I did pretty good. Having a toothache helps too... I just swallowed a handful of ibuprofen and I'm about to settle in for a nap. I think...
Have fun at the gym... do you have an iPod??? I couldn't survive without mine!
*hugs*
heather

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYou)))))))))))))))))) Have a nice day and stay koool,get in that pool,I want that pool.LOL.I am looking into something like that.We have a small pool,just small enough for the babys.LOL.But the older ones play in it to.Its a dragon pool.Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

Glad you found a food scale that will help you out. Anything that makes things easier is great. Can't wait to see the pictures.
Take care, Chrissie