Thursday, July 19, 2007

Missed a whole day

WOW it has been a whole day hasn't it!?  I got so busy yesterday with cleaning and potty training
pottytraining-boy.gif

wipemyass.jpg
I didn't even make it online. However I did read a few journals yesterday I just didn't post one myself.  Anyway, not much going on today but the same ol cleaning and potty training. It has been three days now and Nick has had only ONE accident while training so far.  He's just been fantastic at going on the potty.  I do still put him in a diaper when we go into town..which we did yesterday and he didn't want to go in his diaper...He says OH OH mommy i have to pee.  We were driving so there was no potty in site so he did go in his diaper and then he wanted it off LIKE RIGHT NOW lol.


 I do have a picture of Nicks split lip that he prob should have had a stitch over but I choose not to because I think he would prefer a tiny scare rather then go through the stitch!  PLUS as grandma says...he's a boy!  He's going to show that scar proudly when he's older lol.  NO, really...I'm not even sure there WILL be one...it's looking better all the time. He got this because our bog Moose Max tripped him up and he fell on a Weeble toy(this particular toy happened to be cracked (Max chewed on it) and that's what split his lip). His lips are blue because of a sucker he was eating lol.

<---BEFORE

<---AFTER

Not to bad looking considering nothing was done besides washing it.

Ok yesterday we also went to the laundry mat because Max wet in his kennel and I was NOT washing that blanket in my washer lol  That's the bad thing about going to the laundry mat...you NEVER know what was in those things!  YUK  I always try to wash my washers out with a bleach mixture spray before I use them (if I HAVE to use them) just in case. Other then that not much else going on..I do have to run today to meet my sister Carol to pick something up from her today but other then that not much but cleaning for me today. 

Heather, you asked about the age difference in my kids...well, not really a "story" but my hubby and I HAD talked about having kids after our first two were 10 or so and I told him that if it happens it happens but we weren't going to "TRY" to have another.  I told him that if it didn't happen by the time I was 35 then I did not want any after that. Well 35 came and went and so then we thought ok...no more.  Well at age 36 I was pregnant!  We didn't try but we got our Nikki and I have to tell ya...it's SO much better being a mom when your older. It's easier and I have more patients (most of the time lol) and it's  SO fun having JUST ONE little one to do things with.  When I was 20 I had two little ones (one of which was deaf and VERY challenging) and it was HARD to deal sometimes but now with just one, it's very pleasant almost ALL the time. I would never trade any of them for anything in the world :) 

Well I'm going to post this...just in case it disappears and I may be back on later on to update...depends on how my day goes today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have got stitches either, not in that location with eating and drinking, it's way small and will fade. If your worried about scarring, just keep a Sun Protectant facotr Chapstick on it and that will do wonders alone.
Hugs
Ang

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that booboo will heal just fine!
Missie

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))))The scar looks like its going to heal fine.Have a good day.

Anonymous said...

I think it's awesome that you have a little one... but it will definitely not be in the cards for Mr. Darby and myself... we're just hoping to hold off on being grandparents until he's 50 (in 5 years) and with our randy, wild boys... we're going to be lucky to do that... My mom had us all spread out... there are 14 years between my youngest brother and myself... it was like having my own baby. We had so much fun with him... even my brother that went to Vegas with us... at my first wedding he was only 7! So... I think the spread in age can be a great thing, it has been for our family... but I don't want to recreate that... *grin*
OY VEY... potty training... I don't want to EVER do that again!
*hugs*
heather